Suggestions for PC case?

• Members

Well, my outdated PC finally bit the dust. No amount of life support is going to save it this time. So, time to build a new one!!!!!

I have been considering the Antec P180 case due to it's size, and apparent silent operation.

Anyone have any other suggestions for PC cases?

• Members

Since many people seem to miss this option, I will make 'My" story short. I realize this isnt an option for everyone, so if its not, then disreguard. I upgraded my PS and fans in my current box, but still could hear it with LDC mics when the levels dipped down, so, solution?? My iso box cost me 4 bucks, its called a drywall saw! LOL!! 2 inch hole cut in the wall, put my machine in the closet of the adjoining room. All cables go thru the wall, and total silence. I only track mic'ed sources, so this is perfect.

Your next room may be a living room.I had a friend that said.."I cant do that". His machine is now in the corner of his living room, on a short, small table, with a plant in front of it.

I have since added a USB burner/reader, that also goes thru the wall, and sits next to the monitor. No more walking into the next room to load/burn/whatever.

Getting whatever PC you have out of the room, may be an option, and works better than a 1500 dollar box iso "box".

Well, story was supposed to be short, oh well!

• Members

Antec and CoolerMaster are my favorites. I'm eyeing this CoolerMaster case for my existing DAW since my current case gets way too hot. I like the fact that you can remove the motherboard without having to remove any cards! I've used this CoolerMaster case on several systems and it's great as well, but I don't want to deal with the front door for my own system.

Archived