Changing sound fast without tapdancing (several stompboxes)??

rcervera

• Members

With most of the multieffects units you can change innumerable settings with a single patch change. Even with something simple like the DG Stomp I'm using, I change modeling preamps, compression, modulation effects, and delay settings with a single stomp. If I'm not using the models, I can turn them off and use it for everything else.

• Members

I suppose theres a few ways to do this:

1. Multieffects processor (this is what I use). One quick stomp and you go from fender clean with a bit of 'verb to all out rectifier distortion with harmonizers, whammys, delay, etc.

Of course, the problem with this is that its a big upfront investment (approx 400 vs about 50 for a stompbox, although they prolly even out in the end), and potentially crappy sound quality (most people say they dont measure up to what they're trying to do, although IMO in a live setting being exactly dead on isnt that important)

2. Hire somone to do it for you: costly; you probably only want to do this if you play pro.

3. A/B/Y switcher (or some variation):you can go from your guitar into a switcher, then just choose which amp/effects line you want to use with the press of one switch. Probably the same cost as a stompbox, or you could probably make one yourself.

Just my $.02

Archived