Your Best Playing Guitar?

CrackerD

• Members

Despite where, when, or how it was made, show us yer best 'playa, fooooo.

Here's mine, an '80 Ibanez Blazer (the rare one). Heavily customized and totally sick. Plekt and set up at Brawer (the best). When a strat guy plays it, he then goes into convulsions, wishing all the while he can steal it.:D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Most of mine play about the same, it doesn't make much difference to me. A good setup is a good setup.

I always felt it had more to do with the player than the guitar. If I'm not playing well I never feel like it has much to do with the guitar. By the same token, if I'm playing well I don't see why the guitar deserves any of the credit, it just sit's there not doing a damned thing until I pick it up and start playing! ;)

• Members

its a draw between the fast fluid neck of my modded Ibanez RG570, or the thicker yet very comfortable neck of my gibson les paul studio, all my other guitars are decent as well, I am thinking the guitar I am building now will be the #1, hopefully lol otherwise I am just wasting my time

• Members

"Most of mine play about the same, it doesn't make much difference to me. A good setup is a good setup.

I always felt it had more to do with the player than the guitar. If I'm not playing well I never feel like it has much to do with the guitar. By the same token, if I'm playing well I don't see why the guitar deserves any of the credit, it just sit's there not doing a damned thing until I pick it up and start playing!"

I hear ya, and totally agree. Like Izzy Stradlin' said: "Any guitar, any amp, anytime, anywhere"!!

My Blazer still plays better than my other axes, though. Mainly because it just feels right to me.

:D

• Members

Originally posted by CrackerD

WTF is that? NICE. It looks spendy...

Tis a Jackson Fusion I had custom rebuild done on. I had the quilted maple to put on it was black.

The pickguard is made of wood.

The Pickups are all SD's

neck- Antiquity texas hot.

Mid- Custom vintage

Bridge- Custom Custom EVH

I have a coil tap on the bridge and a 7 tone strat mod to give me max tone options.

• Members

Originally posted by Burgess

Most of mine play about the same, it doesn't make much difference to me. A good setup is a good setup.

I always felt it had more to do with the player than the guitar. If I'm not playing well I never feel like it has much to do with the guitar. By the same token, if I'm playing well I don't see why the guitar deserves any of the credit, it just sit's there not doing a damned thing until I pick it up and start playing!
;)

And man, you can play! (I love your clips, especially the jazzy ones). This brings much credibility to what you just said.

Archived