I Was Just about to rip your CD.....

S.L.B.

• Members

So we saw a friend the other day we hadn't seen in awhile....

"Awesome job on your music! I LOVE your cd....."

"Oh wow, you've heard it all ready?"

"Yea, I have it right here....A friend lent it to me and I haven't had a chance to burn it yet and give it back to them."

:facepalm:

• Members

Make up for it by becoming a person in a suitcase !!

Hit the rrrrrrRoad Jack !!!:cop:

Sell some schwag ( $50.00 T-shirts and what not )

See , all better now , and your buds don't have to have any guilt !!!

Everything is perfect , look at all the opportunity and quit whining !!:lol:

• Members

So we saw a friend the other day we hadn't seen in awhile....

"Awesome job on your music! I LOVE your cd....."

"Oh wow, you've heard it all ready?"

"Yea, I have it right here....A friend lent it to me and I haven't had a chance to burn it yet and give it back to them."

:facepalm:

I get these all the times, but not from friends. Kids talking about my music like its the best thing ever, but if I asked them to pay for it they would laugh at me.

• Members

Well, I mean, the alternative is: I heard that CD you recorded. Didn't like it. Didn't burn it.

And I mean, come on, right now you can go online and buy an entire record - a digital record - by Coldplay or Miles Davis for $3 from Amazon. Amateur or unkown musicians don't have a shot of hell at getting people to spend money on their offerings when the consumer choice today is: Spend $5 or more on something unknown of questionable quality, or $3 for something of unquestionably high quality that I know and like already.

Forget about it.

The correct response to the compliment from your friends: "Awesome - I'm thrilled you like it! Thank you so much - You should come and see me play this XX at XX. And do I have your e-mail? You should get on my gig list."

• Members

Well, I mean, the alternative is: I heard that CD you recorded. Didn't like it. Didn't burn it.

And I mean, come on, right now you can go online and buy an entire record - a digital record - by Coldplay or Miles Davis for $3 from Amazon. Amateur or unkown musicians don't have a shot of hell at getting people to spend money on their offerings when the consumer choice today is: Spend $5 or more on something unknown of questionable quality, or $3 for something of unquestionably high quality that I know and like already.

Forget about it.

The correct response to the compliment from your friends: "Awesome - I'm thrilled you like it! Thank you so much - You should come and see me play this XX at XX. And do I have your e-mail? You should get on my gig list."

Well, no that is not the only alternative actually. Oh, I handled it appropriately. Doesn't mean I have to enjoy it though.

Archived