Cort produces a neckthru X-series with EMGS for 2005!

The Craqster

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This beast plays so nice! From the factory, it came with very well set intonation and a very low action, barley any adjustments necessary. The guitar is not as black as the studio photos would have you believe, but i wouldn't change it though. It came with a chip in the guitar from freight, but i got a big disscount, and my luthier said it should be easy to fix. I will post a few more pics when i get a chance. Anyway, here are a few for now....

Side2.jpg
Front.jpg
Back.jpg
BackHead.jpg
Head.jpg
Profile.jpg
Carve.jpg
Neckangle.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by amducious

This beast plays so nice! From the factory, it came with very well set intonation and a very low action, barley any adjustments necessary. The guitar is not as black as the studio photos would have you believe, but i wouldn't change it though. It came with a chip in the guitar from freight, but i got a big disscount, and my luthier said it should be easy to fix. I will post a few more pics when i get a chance. Anyway, here are a few for now....

What's it finished with?

• Members
Originally posted by A_Gitarman

x-th-5.jpg
looks like a Schaller copy to me.

Damn sexy shredder there. The carving reminds me of the new Yamaha line. It needs to some in a color other than black, though.

Looks exactly like the trem on my korean wolfgang - only it doesn't have "peavey" written where that blank bit is (that looks like it should have summit embossed on it). It probably is the same trem and is prolly even made in the same factory....

I've got to admit the tremolo on my korean wolfgang is a POS :( I had to bolt it back together once, the screw-on arm always works loose and it looks and feels kinda cheap; rest of the guitar is fantastic though - faultless finish, superb fret work, solid construction - those Korean factories really can build quality guitars at ludicrous prices.

• Members

Originally posted by LaXu

Nice. If they made a non-trem (preferably even non-tune-o-matic) version in transparent blue or green I'd be all over it.

LOL - I'm the opposite, I wont buy a guitar if it *doesn't * have a tremolo. I'd prefer it with a natural finish.

• Members

Here are some shots of the damage that the guitar had before i picked it up...

The damage may not have happened in shipping. But deffinatley either at Cort, or in the music store that ordered it for me. The salesman seemed very suprised when i pointed it out to him, and they are an honest bunch of guys, so i'd like to think they wouldn't have accidently done it and just hoped that i wouldn't notice..... Anyway, i got the guitar for $1000 from $1600. If the damage was on the front or somewhere noticeable i would have ordered another one. I use a high quality fender leather strap (best guitar strap i have ever seen, it is so thick, it was a real struggle to get the locks onto it!) and schaller locks, so i don't even see the damage when the strap is on, and i'll have it repaired soon.

Damage2.jpg
Damage1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The damage may not have happened in shipping. But deffinatley either at Cort, or in the music store that ordered it for me. The salesman seemed very suprised when i pointed it out to him, and they are an honest bunch of guys, so i'd like to think they wouldn't have accidently done it and just hoped that i wouldn't notice..... Anyway, i got the guitar for $1000 from $1600. If the damage was on the front or somewhere noticeable i would have ordered another one. I use a high quality fender leather strap (best guitar strap i have ever seen, it is so thick, it was a real struggle to get the locks onto it!) and schaller locks, so i don't even see the damage when the strap is on, and i'll have it repaired soon.

Damage2.jpg
Damage1.jpg

GOD BLESS MACRO TECHNOLOGY!!!!!

• Members

You gotta realise that $1600 in australia doesn't normally get you a very good guitar. This is the best value guitar i have seen (new)
Guitars in america are stupidly cheap! I have a friend over there that just bought a new takamine guitar, and it only cost him $1000 australian (about $750 american dollars) but over here, that guitar sells for $2000+
I don't know how much the X-TH retails for in america. But it would deffinatley be different than just converting the australian dollar to american.

Agreed, a real Floyd would be nice. But for the price of this guitar, i would not expect one.

• Members

Damage2.jpg
Damage1.jpg

why would you even bother getting such a small dent fixed :confused:

Archived