Cort produces a neckthru X-series with EMGS for 2005!

The Craqster

• Members

Originally posted by amducious

You gotta realise that $1600 in australia doesn't normally get you a very good guitar. This is the best value guitar i have seen (new)

Guitars in america are stupidly cheap! I have a friend over there that just bought a new takamine guitar, and it only cost him $1000 australian (about $750 american dollars) but over here, that guitar sells for $2000+

I don't know how much the X-TH retails for in america. But it would deffinatley be different than just converting the australian dollar to american.

Actually I don't think there'd be much difference between the pricing of Asian guitars here and in the US. They're usually pretty similar. Well there is but not as much as you'd think. Remember we've got GST as well. I'll give you an example.

My PArker PM20 was $1000 Aus = US750 (They go for about 600 US)

Most Epi's are on par with US prices. If you include GST they only cost about $50more.

Washburn N2 I bought for my brother was $600Aus = $400US (They usually retail in the US for around $360)

You just need to really haggle and do your research, You can easily knock off $200-300 of the sticker price. Especially with gear around the $1000Aussie mark, the makets not as big here so most places are willing to gove 10% sometimes 20% discount.

BUT US made gear is another story and something we really pay heavily for. The "cheapest" new Gibson I've seen is an SG special faded for $1800 Australian but they retail in the US for like $600-$700 US

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived