Microphone state laws

• Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

In order for the NTK to work right u have to have a nice $500 and up preamp and $500 up converter and protool i don't have that kinda of money and whos know its going to be so subtle thats its not even worth the money

If you can't hear the difference between an SM57 and a Rode NTK with the equipment you already own, then either you're deaf or your mic is broken. I can't help you with the first scenario, but did you ever definitely rule out the possibility that the mic was broken?

It is true in California that vendors are not obligated to accept for return goods that cannot be resold due to "health considerations." I can't find a definite list of what that is, but it could conceivably include microphones.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

health considerations how and why?

Then ever night club or bars that has bands play would get sued because they are all using the same microphones on stage

Well my ears can tell bad music from good and yours sounds really bad so don't insult me because of they type of equipment i own or have doesn't make a different its not the microphones fault thats not the point its 'MATCHING" the equipment together for it to work right which costs alot of money which i don't have under that is not just the NTK its having the right preamp, microphone EQ and compressor and recorder to Match the impedances and bandwidth for it to work right your overlooked the point instead of focus on trying to insult me again

• Members

Originally posted by Zooey

...but did you ever definitely rule out the possibility that the mic was broken?

Actually I can hear it too - it is definitely broken and can't handle the specified SPL rating (what is that again?) - I think you need a store credit after having determined that the mic is broken!

• Members

Originally posted by Zooey

It is true in California that vendors are not obligated to accept for return goods that cannot be resold due to "health considerations." I can't find a definite list of what that is, but it could conceivably include microphones.

Zooey it'd [prob help if we can quote the Cal sate or UCC section that covers it, otherwise we are spinning out wheels...any idea what the specific area of code that describes this?

• Members

health considerations how and why?

really, we covered that earlier -- possible "mucous membrane/ wet" areas..open sores, bodily orifice as opposed to generaly handling, etc

Then ever night club or bars that has bands play would get sued because they are all using the same microphones on stage

You might want to look at the diff between vendor and end user there

Well my ears can tell bad music from good and yours sounds really bad

have you heard it?

so don't insult me because of they type of equipment i own or have doesn't make a different its not the microphones fault

yeah, this I agree with...we are talking about merch/returnability of goods..."oh, brand X sucks" isn't really appropriate there...we can deal with that in "equipment shootout" threads

• Members

A little, not tons and tons, but I've done the classic load the bobbin, wind it, and pot it in glue (yeah, I did the wax thing too) deal

so I can maybe steer you clear of mistakes, but I don't think I'm the best guy to answer "best practices"...more "don't do that...cause I did"

(uf you're gonna ask, ask it now b;/c I'm off to bed and tomorrow is a wash)

• Members
Originally posted by Walters9515

How do i wind the pickup to get more midrange?

Think about it as balancing and RLC network, as you are familiar with alpha and beta in qactive amplifiers...you should be familiar with that

caveat -- remember, the RLC in the guitar's subnet is only half the deal...it couples to the input of your primary amplifier stage

www.guitarnuts.com is a good place to go as is forumite jdwinger

Or what pickups out there that have midrange peaks or midrange boosts?

product specs you'll just have to deal with on a catch as catch can basis...they change and the manufacturers change stuff up.

the Duncan Invader I'm familiar with from 25 years ago may very well NOT be the invader of today

Does midrange cause twang and why?

well, "twang" is sort of a subjective, aesthetic view of how the sound lays out spectrally...wheras "midrange" is a bi more defined (softly defined as we don't have exactquantities, but still more specific"

so it's really just a matter of definition/interpretation

I think generally hitting up the advice/resources you got on the electric guitar forum is a good psuh start

• Members

as balancing and RLC network

The new pickups in my strat are Flat respones no EQ or midrange added to them im trying to add more midrange to my stock pickups how or where can i start please?

The new pickups they make now are flat like a EQ i want that midrange boost and midrange peaks

How do i change the RLC network?

How do i change the Balancing ? to be more midrange?

• Members

as balancing and RLC network

The new pickups in my strat are Flat respones

I would seriously doubt that, esp passive pickups.."flat" is a matter of degree

no EQ or midrange added to them im trying to add more midrange to my stock pickups how or where can i start please?

www.guitarnuts.com

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Pickup_winding_and_repair/Schatten_Pickup_Winder.html

(there's a more "homerew" guide to bobbin inding out there as well - I'm sure you'll find it with a little searching)

the old Donald Brosnac text

like the rest of this craft...jump in and start, specifically where? doesn't matter so much as just doing it

The new pickups they make now are flat like a EQ i want that midrange boost and midrange peaks

Once again, "flat" there is a relative term...they aren't "flat" they may be "flatter than some", but not "flat"

How do i change the RLC network?

there are a number of ways (as you discussed amplifier characteristics with SirHC, I'm confident you have your basic passive network analysis at least somewhat under your belt...so let's not play that game - let's be adults about this shall we?)

How do i change the Balancing ?

you're asking good questions, don't fall back into character now..you can dig yourself out of the hole

If you are smply looking for a one off...www.guitarnets.com

offers custom winding -- just let him know what you have and what you want and there ya go!

• Members

follow the way above therein is what you need

you're so close brother, drop the character and be free of it

you can come back and visit it for fun...later, but it will hold you back if you cling to it

(notice that you interchange RLC and LRC you realize that they are interchangible, interrelated parameters and the order of the parameters is fluid in the texts...let go the character and talk to us as "brent" or whatever your name is )

really...it'll bring you into a richer , better world!!

• Members

The L is the inductor

the R is the wire turns most common turns are from

6000-9000 wire turns in fender pickups

the C is ? i don't know

Thats all i know i still don't know how to get midrange boost or midrange peaks out of a pickup do u know?

How do i change the LCR ? i only know how to change the wire turns but the magnets don't have a inductor rating value so i don't know how to change the L or C do u know?

• Members

Oh you know

dunno, but it suret seems like LRC is used by old schoolers (like me old man) whereas RLC seems like the new gen coming up

maybe a regional thing or publishing house deal though

('sides if you didn't know, you'd have to investigate the resources stated earlier)

this is "the act" -- you tipped your hand a few times during the last couple fo weeks

let it go brother, I know you've cultivated the characte, but step beyond it

I understand...it's hard. You've invested a lot in this character across many forums. But what used to be a hammer is now an anchor

enter a brighter, more cooperative world...you can replace the empty fun of "{censored}in with em" with a richer fun of getting things done

you can do this!

• Members

and it was offered brother!

both in the technical ANd the personal

follow the technical

consider the personal

the character has become your prison

free yourself

forget it? -- noway -- we can free you! we can do this!

this is a beautiful, potentially pivotal moment for you -- a crux move..take it! have the courage to move beyond "walters"

Archived