What's wrong with Canada?

lorsban

• Members

Hey guys,

I just read a post where the guy was all excited about getting a guitar but was declined in the last minute for living in Canada. What gives? I live in the Philippines and I had to go through hell to get a guitar on line but what's the problem with shipping to Canada? It's right next door to the US!

Anyone have any ideas?

PS

Anyone know a site that ships to the Philippines?

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

customs charges (duty and handling) and international shipping fees, thats why its a bitch to send to canada

I wouldn't buy anything from Canadia either. I'm not paying extra for it to cross the border when I could probably get the same thing here for the same price.

I don't really mind shipping to Canada though. I prefer not to, but it really doesn't cost ME extra. But I'm not gonna mark it down as a gift or whatever, because I don't care for prison. I get scared watching Prison Break on FOX.

BTW: I don't see the problem with shipping to Phillipenes. Isn't that over by Pennsylvania?

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

funny thing is, its cheaper to ship something from Rochester to California, than from like Rochester to southern ontario (which is like 2 hours away)

:freak:

Canadia is that close? Wait...you mean Rochester, NY don't you?

DAMN YOU! I got excited and thought you meant Rochester, MN.

I wanna go to Canadia and see my ancestors.

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

Because your a bunch tuke wearing, back-bacon eating, Molson drinking, hockey loving, Geddy Lee worshiping hosers!
:D

Take off eh... And I am a Geddy worshipper as well. We need the nafta thing just get guitars back and forth cheaply...

GAWD! Geddy Lee needs to have his balls cut off. Wait...too late. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by AtomHeartMother

Canadia is that close? Wait...you mean Rochester, NY don't you?

DAMN YOU! I got excited and thought you meant Rochester, MN.

I wanna go to Canadia and see my ancestors.

yes NY, and youre more than welcome to visit:wave: , its kinda sad because the insane shipping and taxes hurt me most because I regularly order from stewmac, for every 100$ order, I basicaly pay an extra 40$, as well I pretty much cant get in on any of those MF blowouts, really would have liked the epi USA JLH model, oh well:cry:

• Members

Yeah well most probably Canada's trying to secure itself from smugglers and such that's why they're tightening up their regulations making it a hassle for others to send stuff to them. Sucks for Canadians looking for guitars though.

The first time I ordered from Ebay, I had to wire money to a broker based in the US to close the deal. Then my mom had to bring it here from the US (to avoid shipping and handling charges). At the back of the neck it said Elite, made in japan. Dammit. Japan is only 4 hours away from here and I had to get my guitar from the US and wait for 3 months from the time I saw the guitar up to the time it got to my house!

• Members

Originally posted by lorsban

Yeah well most probably Canada's trying to secure itself from smugglers and such that's why they're tightening up their regulations making it a hassle for others to send stuff to them. Sucks for Canadians looking for guitars though.

The first time I ordered from Ebay, I had to wire money to a broker based in the US to close the deal. Then my mom had to bring it here from the US (to avoid shipping and handling charges). At the back of the neck it said Elite, made in japan. Dammit. Japan is only 4 hours away from here and I had to get my guitar from the US and wait for 3 months from the time I saw the guitar up to the time it got to my house!

Is the Phillipines a cool country? I don't think I've ever even seen any pictures of the country. But what do you expect...I'm American. :p

Ever go to Japan? That'd be badass.

• Members

Originally posted by AtomHeartMother

Is the Phillipines a cool country? I don't think I've ever even seen any pictures of the country. But what do you expect...I'm American.
:p

Ever go to Japan? That'd be badass.

Philippines is great but it depends where. Manila sucks ass but the other cities such as Cebu and Davao (where I live) are great.

I've been to Japan, its really nice, clean and well organized there. But better go with a local because its really easy to get lost.

• Members

Originally posted by zenbu

some things do and amazingly...some don`t. I`ve been buying older MIJs for 8 years and recently prices are going up. Ishibashi is probably the best of the few places that will ship abroad...or a guitar.

Ishibashi, is that in Tokyo? Is it Japan's guitar capital-like Akihabara with buildings and buildings of electronics? That'd be awesome!

Archived