Yesterday's pawnshop prize... (GMP content)

Caroway

• Members

Is that the guitar with the top-side ferrules that you were asking about yesterday? I've never seen that sort of arrangement for string-through. Do the top-side ferrules have a radiused edge where the strings pass over them? If not, don't they tend to break at that point?

Anyway, nice-looking instrument. I hope you enjoy playing it. Sounds like you got a good deal on it, too.

• Members

Originally posted by El Glom-o

Is that the guitar with the top-side ferrules that you were asking about yesterday? I've never seen that sort of arrangement for string-through. Do the top-side ferrules have a radiused edge where the strings pass over them? If not, don't they tend to break at that point?

Anyway, nice-looking instrument. I hope you enjoy playing it. Sounds like you got a good deal on it, too.

Yeah they have a radiused edge.

0286_1lg.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Caroway

Yeah they have a radiused edge.

0286_1lg.jpg

Thanks for the photo of the ferrules. Never seen ones like that before, only the ones for a Telecaster or hard-tail Strat. I need to take a look at the latest Stew-Mac catalog (or their web site).

• Members

Unscrewed the pups to see what they were and check the cavity for any info.

Dated 1996. Took the back plate off and found a serial #.

#126.

Gary Moline Guitars in Bridge cavity & assembled by Glenn M-(something??).

Pups are SD '59N & CC bridge.

• Members

Originally posted by go cat go

Sadly GMP has gone the way of the original Baker - chapter 11.

It's strange that you should mention GMP and Baker. Years ago I was in the market for a new guitar, and had decided on a GMP. I think it was a Pawnshop Deluxe (?).

I emailed GMP asking for some information on 2 or 3 of their models, and they never replied.

I called the dealer to ask a few questions and to place my order and I never got a response to my messages.

I ended up getting a Baker B1, and then another. The first one I got was one of my all time favorite guitars. Unfortunately I had to sell it one or 2 months ago, but it was amazing. The one I currently have is also an excellent guitar, but the first one had the mojo, magic, vibe, etc. Both have the same woods and pickups, by the way.

Caroway, congratulations on your guitar. Looks like you got a great deal and the guitar looks great. I'm sure it sounds great too. :)

Archived