Guitar jack keeps falling out...

pktaskes

• Members

Any such thing as a guitar jack lock? We gig out every weekend and some of the places we're cramped for room quite a bit. Invariably, someone steps on my cord and out comes my jack. I know that you can thread it through between the strap and strap holder but I change guitars so much sometimes its a hassle or I forget and then ...I'm fishing around a dark floor for my cable. It would be nice to plug it in and forget about it. Set it and forget it! HELP!

• Members

Originally posted by Dr Wanker

Just think about this for a second. If you affix your plug to the jack somehow, when you step on it, you'll rip the jack out of the WOOD.

It doesn't take much to pull out the jack...it would just be a tug on the guitar.

• Members

Originally posted by Abrasion

Get a coiled lead.

If it gets stepped on itll just stretch. It could still pull out but it'll take a lot more to do so.

hmmm...I always thought of coiled leads as cheap crap but I guess thay must make some good ones, huh?

Any leads (no pun intended).

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

I step on my own cable sometimes -- so I went wireless. You can good a good unti cheap, I got a Sure (new was like $400) that had been returned to GC for like $125. Works like a charm.

in theory, this would work but:

1) cost - I run 2 signal chains at all times...piezo and mags...use them frequently in the same songs.

more importantly:

2) another thing to lug around, set up, tear down, maintain (batteries, wires etc) AND find room for. Doing two shows a weekend gets rough sometimes..after two years of doing this, quick and easy is best.

• Members
Originally posted by pktaskes

Any such thing as a guitar jack lock? We gig out every weekend and some of the places we're cramped for room quite a bit. Invariably, someone steps on my cord and out comes my jack. I know that you can thread it through between the strap and strap holder but I change guitars so much sometimes its a hassle or I forget and then
...I'm fishing around a dark floor for my cable. It would be nice to plug it in and forget about it. Set it and forget it! HELP!

Well,your jack isn't coming out,just the cord coming unplugged. Far different deal. Just run it above your strap and around to your jack when you plug in. It really takes no more time if you are thinking about it when switching guitars.

Archived