Be glad for what you have.....

bluewolf

• Members

be happy with what you got. I know alot of us lust after guitars and other gear, myself included. But play what you have and be thankful we have the gift of music in our lives. wheather you are a beginner or a seasoned pro playing music gives us fulfillment in life and makes us feel younger.

I am 52 years old, no wife, girlfriend, kids, or other family members. The guys in my band are all great folks but they are all married with kids and of course spend much of their time with their wife and kids. Its a hard Christmas for me. My mother died last year and now i am really feeling depressed and lonely so out comes the guitar. Dont get me wrong, there are people in this world with nothing at all, so I am thankful for many things. I just wish I had someone to spend time with during the holidays.

I was going out with a lady for awhile but now when I call her she always has an excuse for not going out with me

At 52 yrs old I guess being with someone and being intimate with them is pretty much out of the question. Well, I can always keep learning that Mike Bloomfield solo i was working on.

• Members
Originally posted by bluewolf

At 52 yrs old I guess being with someone and being intimate with them is pretty much out of the question. Well, I can always keep learning that Mike Bloomfield solo i was working on.

There's still someone out there for you; you just have to go find her. I agree about being thankful. :thu:

• Members

Its easy to get depressed around the holidays. Dont let it get you down, theres always someone out there. And yes, we should all be thankfull for what we have, sure it could be much better, but for a lot of people, its much worse and they would love to have what we do. Heck we're obviously inside, we can afford computers, internet etc, theres people that are living on the streets, or out of their cars.:(

• Members

Originally posted by bluewolf

be happy with what you got. I know alot of us lust after guitars and other gear, myself included. But play what you have and be thankful we have the gift of music in our lives. wheather you are a beginner or a seasoned pro playing music gives us fulfillment in life and makes us feel younger.

I am 52 years old, no wife, girlfriend, kids, or other family members. The guys in my band are all great folks but they are all married with kids and of course spend much of their time with their wife and kids. Its a hard Christmas for me. My mother died last year and now i am really feeling depressed and lonely so out comes the guitar. Dont get me wrong, there are people in this world with nothing at all, so I am thankful for many things. I just wish I had someone to spend time with during the holidays.

I was going out with a lady for awhile but now when I call her she always has an excuse for not going out with me

Hey man keep your head up. You can certainly find someone at 52. My father felt the same way after my Mom died. He was lonely and though he was too old to find someone for companionship and intimacy. Well after a few years he got back on the horse and found a real nice lady to which he will be getting engaged to soon........My pops is 64. You gotta put yourself out there. Until then you got music brother. I know it's tough around this time of year. All I can say is all the seasons best to you and I hope everything turns out great for you.

• Members

Thank you KD4 and others. If I was in your neck of the woods i would take you up on the invite. Hey, I'll bring the beer!!
At least with being so lonely it will help with blues playing!! The hell with one step bends, I will do more 2 step bending now!!!
Working on that Mike Bloomfield solo really illustrates to me what a HELL of a guitar player he was and how underated he is. He played a tele and a les paul.

• Members

52 aint that old man... I am not too far off! (mid 30's) I separated from my wife this past summer, and actually appreciate more time I have now for me, but yes, holidays are nice to have someone else to talk to. I still have some family locally so thats OK, and my still married friends are still there for me even though I am now single.

I would check into (in your area) some organisations that put on dinner and dances, etc for single men and women. Most cities (and even a lot of smaller towns) have some kind of singles get togethers. You can't meet people if you don't make the effort.

All the best, try and stay positive.

AJC

• Members

Like the other guys said, 52 isn't old. Don't think that way.

You usually find love when your not looking for it. Just remember, there's tons of women just as lonely as you are right now.

The key is keeping your spirits up. Woman aren't attracted to depressed guys. Keep picking and a grinning.

By the way, I consider you very lucky. You have a band. My wife, kids and job prevent me from having time to play in a band. I had to give up playing in bands nearly 10 years ago. I miss jamming in a true band setting (Although, I don't miss fighting over what music to play and dragging around equipment from gig to gig :D ).

Keep rocking!

• Members

A warm guitar is a beautiful thing, a friend indeed.

My dad lost his wife several years ago and went through some tough times. He finally started dating again a couple of years ago and recently fell head over heels in love with woman who feels the same about him. He's a young 75.

I'm 52 and have a screwed up back & bad knees. I'm thankful every day for the experience life has given me. Keep bending those strings man, 52 is not old, it is wise, as shown by you being cool enough to dig Mike Bloomfield.

• Members
Originally posted by Hudman

Like the other guys said, 52 isn't old. Don't think that way.

You usually find love when your not looking for it. Just remember, there's tons of women just as lonely as you are right now.

The key is keeping your spirits up. Woman aren't attracted to depressed guys. Keep picking and a grinning.

By the way, I consider you very lucky. You have a band. My wife, kids and job prevent me from having time to play in a band. I had to give up playing in bands nearly 10 years ago. I miss jamming in a true band setting (Although, I don't miss fighting over what music to play and dragging around equipment from gig to gig
:D
).

Keep rocking!

+1 on that. Actually, I'm sure there are alot of us around here that are envious of people that actually make money at it. I started three years ago at 47 years old (had a guitar as a kid) and still fantasize about being a weekend warrior. Guess the grass is always greener....

As far as depression goes, music is the best cure I've found.

• Members

i cant say that im old enough to be talking about wives n junk...but i kno what its like to spend holidays without family members...my brother died a few years ago on the 25 of november and that christmas was CRAP but once i moved on i was thinking about all the great times i had with him when he lived with us and it always makes me smile ;)

• Members

You should check out a dating-service, either online or a walk-in deal. Both of my parents(who are divorced and around your age) met their future mate at different walk-in dating services...don't think you are above it and i think youll be suprised at the results. Put that you play guitar on there and you are golden:thu:

• Members

Thank you for being so kind to me. Those of you who invited me to hang with you, thank you also. I live in Aventura FL so I am a ways away from most of you, but the thought was there. W e tend to focus on what we dont have rather than what we do have. My band is kinda standing down for the holidays, ( as I mentioned the guys are all married with kids )but after the first of the year we will be back in action. Boy, having a gig cures alot of ills, doesnt it??
Material things are cool, but they only take you so far. Love, friendship, kindness, and understanding for others goes a long way!!! Oh, I forgot, so does sex!!! God I miss sex!! AQt least my right hand will get stronger!!!
Happy holidays to you and your families and get a little nookie while you are at it!!!

Archived