The search engine SUCKS!

Fireproof

• Members

This is starting to really piss me off. Maybe you can help. Or if not, misery loves company.

Problem #1. It won't allow searches with terms less than 3 characters. So how am I supposed to search for "SG Special" or "Gibson SG" or just "SG" so I can see all the SG topics?? :mad:

Problem #2. It apparently won't allow searches with the word "guitar" in them. I wanted to see if anyone had feedback on "Guitar Heaven" and it keeps sending me to a blank page. Then after a bunch of trial/error, I realized that ANYTHING that contains the word "guitar" sends me to a blank page rather than search results. :mad:

Problem #3. The time limit on searches, though I can be flexible here because I know this helps the speed of the forums.

• Members
Originally posted by RockinIt

1. use asterisks. SG*

2. the word guitar is in about every single post and therefore, a stupid search to begin with.

3. you already know this one.

That asterik tip is golden. I also was an idiot when it came to using the search function......you damn teenagers and your computers......you know too damn much. :D

• Members

Originally posted by RockinIt

1. use asterisks. SG*

2. the word guitar is in about every single post and therefore, a stupid search to begin with.

3. you already know this one.

On number 2, it's not a stupid search if he's searching for something in quotations, like "guitar trader" or "guitar heaven." Just searching for "trader" or "heaven" would get him every post someone used the word in.

• Members
Originally posted by Mr_GoodBomb

On number 2, it's not a stupid search if he's searching for something in quotations, like "guitar trader" or "guitar heaven." Just searching for "trader" or "heaven" would get him every post someone used the word in.

True - that's exactly what I was trying to do.

Thanks.
;)

Archived