CD's still 74% of label sales

richardmac

• Members

I hate digital books. I work my ass of a computer screen all day. Just getting near one on weekends or week nights make me wanna throw up.

I love the smell and feel of a real book. Its much easier on the eyes too.

• Members

I hate digital books. I work my ass of a computer screen all day. Just getting near one on weekends or week nights make me wanna throw up.

I love the smell and feel of a real book. Its much easier on the eyes too.

I have a few huge ( 3-4 inches thick) music theory books and wouldn't mind having them on a tablet.... It's also very nice to have such a device for PDF reading ; because so many softwares don't come with a printed manual .

I'm not particular about the mechanics of how a music playback device works . Although I remember some very nice album artwork from some CARS and Elton John albums I had ; The art and an easy to read lyric sheet always enhanced my experience . But I would take the time to just sit and listen whilst not doing another multi-tasking activity.

I will say this though , allot of folks a pretty lazy about back ups .... I back up and do disc images because we have the kiddies photo's and what not ... That would be a disaster to lose:cry: ... Guess that's the big selling feature of cloud computing .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The problem with downloads is the lack of music portability to vehicles. I paid over $1,500 for a factory radio/navigation unit option. Sure this fine media center has a a jack for an iPod. But driving and handling an iPod is not only cumbersome, it is also slow and hazardous. I can load a CD on to the vehicle's media center hard drive and then use the large touch screen to navigate playlists, albums, and individual songs. Until Apple offers a way to transfer downloads from my Mac to my vehicle I will continue to buy CDs. :thu:

Archived