Hard Rock bands that use Telecasters?

geek_usa

• Members

Hey guys,

I play a lot of hard rock and I'm wondering if it's out of the ordinary for a guy like me to be playing a single coil Telecaster through high gain. I mean the guitar just sounds wonderful - why don't more people use Telecasters? Sure, a Strat is more comfortable and faster to play on (which is also a very huge important factor - a desert island guitar between the two i just couldn't be forced to pick) but man, it seems the Telecaster is just highly underrated in the world of rock music.

Bands I can think of off the top of my head :

Radiohead

Coldplay

Led Zeppelin

Blind Melon

any others you guys can think of?

:wave:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of those only Led Zeppelin is hard rock...

The Who used 'em, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith i think....

I cant see bands like Lamb Of God or Slayer using them though :rolleyes: I dont think a Tele would get their sound, unless you put a humbucker in the bridge

• Members

UNSANE!

old thrash metal punk or something or other band..

one of the guitarists from Fallout Boy plays mostly Teles, their sound is pretty poppy, but damn heavy at that, considering he plays out of an Uberschall

John5 is known for his Teles

I think one of the slipknot dude plays one...

one of the guitarists of Poison The Well

Im starting to get the feeling Im either naming bands nobody knows or everybody hates...

• Members

Originally posted by geek_usa

Hey guys,

I play a lot of hard rock and I'm wondering if it's out of the ordinary for a guy like me to be playing a single coil Telecaster through high gain. I mean the guitar just sounds wonderful - why don't more people use Telecasters? Sure, a Strat is more comfortable and faster to play on (which is also a very huge important factor - a desert island guitar between the two i just couldn't be forced to pick) but man, it seems the Telecaster is just highly underrated in the world of rock music.

Bands I can think of off the top of my head :

Radiohead

Coldplay

Led Zeppelin

Blind Melon

any others you guys can think of?

:wave:

I saw Audioslave last summer and Tom Morello was sporting a black tele that sounded awesome :thu:

Here is pretty cool list of muscians that use tele's.

List of Telecaster Players

• Members

Originally posted by Ramm

I saw Audioslave last summer and Tom Morello was sporting a black tele that sounded awesome
:thu:

Here is pretty cool list of muscians that use tele's.

List of Telecaster Players

This list is poorly defined, permanently incomplete, or has become unverifiable or an indiscriminate list or repository of loosely associated topics.

• Members

Rolling Stones (most obvious)

Yardbirds (eric clapton, jeff beck, and jimmy page used esquires and teles)

led zepplein (especially early zeppelin

Tom Petty

Beatles (George Harrison used an all rosewood tele for a while)

Aerosmith (Joe Perry has used teles both in the studio and live)

• Members

I know that the other guitarist from Nickelback has an EMG-equipped Telecaster, as seen in their "How You Remind Me" Video.

Also, Jim from Slipknot plays a blacked-out Tele from time to time. Not that these are stock guitars, but they are still Teles.

I'm right with you, man. My Tele was my first guitar, and I bought it for hard rock/metal. May have modified it slightly since then, but it's still my first choice for playing, every time.

• Members

Originally posted by walfordr

This list is poorly defined, permanently incomplete, or has become unverifiable or an indiscriminate list or repository of loosely associated topics.

Good thing you didn't take serious then.. eh? ..LOL

Archived