Dean Cadillac: Select or Professional series?

Junk Yard Dog

• Members

I've wanted one for years, and now I see they have the USA made Professional and the Korean made select.

The Select is a prettier axe with the coil tapping option, but with USA made, you get USA made, which always appeals to me.

My budget can't go past the Professional, otherwise, I'd be doing a Time Capsule.

Does anyone have any experience with either? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

• Members

The Select series are very nice guitars. Top of the line as far as MIK is concerned. Next best thing you can get to the USA version. Check out the Dean forum. Many guys there own several USA and Select models and hold the Selects in high regards.

I have a Dean V Select and it's a great guitar. Solid constuction, attention to detail, great fretwork, everything. I've been gassing for a Caddy Select myself lately. Would love to get a solid black one.

http://www.deanguitars.com/forum/login.php?redirect=search.php&search_id=newposts&sid=7b19330803d29189c808572669f9cae1

• Members

What about other models....Earlier, customs, etc. I checked ebay and all they have are the selects...Are the Korean made parts better than what they used to be.

I mean, if I'm going for either or, and one has more tonal options, looks better, and is half the price, but made in Korea, does that kill the deal if you are still willing to pay for the USA made?

What are some online dealers (besides MF, or Music123,) that may have earlier models...Or possibly the European models made in the Czheck...

Thanks.

• Members
Originally posted by Junk Yard Dog

What about other models....Earlier, customs, etc. I checked ebay and all they have are the selects...Are the Korean made parts better than what they used to be.

I mean, if I'm going for either or, and one has more tonal options, looks better, and is half the price, but made in Korea, does that kill the deal if you are still willing to pay for the USA made?

What are some online dealers (besides MF, or Music123,) that may have earlier models...Or possibly the European models made in the Czheck...

Thanks.

The Czech models are suppose to be very good and fetch a good price. I'm really not sure how they compare to USA models. I have a Korean Dean and its a great guitar, I would buy another in a heartbeat. :thu: There is alot of great guys on the Dean forum that could answer any question you have. I would encourage you to give them a try. Good Luck shopping. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Junk Yard Dog

I've wanted one for years, and now I see they have the USA made Professional and the Korean made select.

The Select is a prettier axe with the coil tapping option, but with USA made, you get USA made, which always appeals to me.

My budget can't go past the Professional, otherwise, I'd be doing a Time Capsule.

Does anyone have any experience with either? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

you cannot go wrong with the nicer korean stuff from dean. they are absolutely wonderful axes REGARDLESS of price.

:thu:

Archived