Here's this guy again...

jec

• Members

This guy is pretty well known in the '58-'59 'burst community. One of his auctions featured an original bridge pup ring for a '59 Les Paul that went for something like $3000. Probably about a year ago, he had and original '59 on ebay for $300,000. It sold too. I haven't seen that he has had anything up lately.

My favorite is when he berates people with questions. Like, we all know that it's only $300,000 so we should just take his word and {censored}ty pictures as gospel. No one is allowed to ask him any questions because he's the anonymous god of '59's or something.

• Members

Originally posted by jec

This guy is pretty well known in the '58-'59 'burst community.

i find it disconcerting that there is a such thing as a '58-'59 sunburst community. don't they have better things to do... like, say, playing said guitars?

• Members

Originally posted by tuesday

i find it disconcerting that there is a such thing as a '58-'59 sunburst
community
. don't they have better things to do... like, say,
playing
said guitars?

Most guys that have original bursts DO play them, and play them alot. Concerning this seller, this is Uncle Lou, and he is absolutely on the money, knows what he's selling, and honest to a fault (I have had no dealings with him directly, but has a stellar rep). That's a MAX replica, and they are claimed to be "all the guitar".....we shall see what this one does.

• Members

Originally posted by tuesday

i find it disconcerting that there is a such thing as a '58-'59 sunburst
community
. don't they have better things to do... like, say,
playing
said guitars?

If you're spending upwards of $100K on ANYTHING, you can bet it gets discussed ad nauseum. Heck, look at the number of guys that hang out and talk about Corvettes, and they're less than half the price of an original Burst.

• Members
Originally posted by SteinbergerHack

If you're spending upwards of $100K on ANYTHING, you can bet it gets discussed ad nauseum. Heck, look at the number of guys that hang out and talk about Corvettes, and they're less than half the price of an original Burst.

If I spend $100K on anything, it better come with a kitchen; living room and bathroom.

Mandalayback1.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by geddins81

this is Uncle Lou,

Anyone who willingly is called "Uncle Lou" deserves the child molestery reputation that goes along with such a moniker.

Uncle Lou? Meet Captain Howdy and the Colonel.

Please.

• Members

Originally posted by jec

Anyone who willingly is called "Uncle Lou" deserves the child molestery reputation that goes along with such a moniker.

Please.

I don't know him personally, his stuff is WAY outta my range....but why the attacks? He's got a perfect Ebay rep, a perfect rep outside Ebay among Vintage Les Paul buyers.

• Members

Originally posted by finboy

....i honestly don't get it, you could have soooo many nice guitars and amps for that much

and no doubt that the guy spending that much for that guitar, probably does have sooooo many nice amps and guitars.

• Members

Originally posted by jec

Please.

So... When i grow older and my sister has kids, wich would make me an uncle, Would I instantly become the child-molester "Uncle Lou"?

Stupid reasoning.

Archived