HELP - - Find me the best electric I can get for 1200.00

killshot

• Members

I paid $1150 for this Carvin DC127M with tweed case. Having one built to your specs is pretty cool, and they really are fantastic guitars.

c01.jpg

c03.jpg

You may be able to find a used Les Paul Classic for around that price too (a couple years ago they were all over the place for that price)

• Members
Originally posted by bigconig

I paid $1150 for this Carvin DC127M with tweed case. Having one built to your specs is pretty cool, and they really are fantastic guitars.

c01.jpg

c03.jpg

You may be able to find a used Les Paul Classic for around that price too (a couple years ago they were all over the place for that price)

GAH!
I usually hate guitars with fancy ass wood on them, but GOD that's HOT.

• Members
Originally posted by bigconig

c01.jpg

c03.jpg

That looks {censored}ing amazing!! How long is the lead time on something like that??

• Members

Originally posted by killshot

That looks {censored}ing amazing!! How long is the lead time on something like that??

I believe it took about 5 weeks from the time I ordered. t's tough waiting, but like I said, it's very cool getting it just the way you want it. You can talk to the salesman about some options they don't have listed too, they've been known to do some cool stuff.

• Members

Parker (if you can dig the look)

or a Carvin, because Carvin's are great guitars regardless of what people say. Actually, a nonfigured California Carved Top is in your range, the one with the mahogany body with a maple cap. Black or vintage white with gold hardware is classy.

Good luck finding an axe.

• Members

The Music Man Axis Super Sport has a far more solid joint than a lot of set necks. The way they shape the body at the joint makes it feel like a set neck when you hold it there. And I have yet to read a review or post from someone who didn't think the feel of that neck was just great. I have two - but they both have the MM-90 pickups.

I also have a Hamer Monaco that's just an incredible guitar. You can get them used in that price range.

And the Heritage is also great.

• Members

I've been seriously disappointed by the Carvins I owned. Very unreliable. For the money and your requirements an SG would be hard to beat. Heritage has some nice looking stuff too, perhaps an H-535 for that hollowbody sound.

• Members

Used Parker Fly

Rickenbacker 650 series if you don't mind minihumbuckers.

I don't like Carvin's humbuckers at all, tbeir single coils are OK.

I prefer Epi Elitists significantly to Gibsons in the same price range (or anywhere close).

Used Fender Custom Shop Showmaster.

• Members
Originally posted by d_dave_c

'74 SG - $1199 at Chris' Guitars right now.

I don't care if you have an SG already - that thing is sweet.

gib74sgstd-hc.jpg

Yeah - I've had my eye on that. My 84 looks almost exactly like that one, would be a nice pair to have!

Archived