Anyone used a CAD Trion 7000 ribbon mic?

• Moderators

I've got the tube Trion 8000 that I like a lot. The 7000 is on my list though for guitar amp. I spoke into one on the noisy NAMM floor and it didn't floor me... but I don't think any ribbon would, speaking into it an inch away with hordes of drunk gear mongers ambling by. So it was hard to tell.

Check the CAD site. There are a ton testimonials from pros going off about that mic. One of my fave guitar players Rusty Anderson from McCartney's band and solo artist is an endorsee. I can't imagine why a guy of his stature would use something he didn't actually dig. Providing he actually uses it.

Anyway... check the site if you haven't.

• Members

Thanks Lee,

I checked all the reviews I could find including the CAD site and didn't really read any negative reviews.

I haven't used any ribbons except my trusty Beyer M260 and the only real concern I have is with the figure 8 pattern and leakage from the rear if I use it on acoustic instruments with the entire band playing at the same time.

I'm looking forward to trying it on my sax, guitar cabs and acoustic guitars, mandolins and banjo (especially banjo) to see how it works.

Hey...free is a very good price.

Archived