Which of the following electrics should I get???

markom89

• Members

Should I get a PRS modern eagle, a 59' LP reissue, Gretsch White falcon(Japanese, not american), or a private stock PRS???...up until now I was realy, realy into the 59' LP, but then I noticed that the modern eagle was in my price range, and its just such a beautiful guitar, and its like when I see it I dont want any other guitars, its a very... attractive guitar that'll pull you into it if your not careful, so I was wondering what you guys think I should get???...Im realy big on high end effects and Ill just list what Id be using with it: ZVEX super duper 2 in 1, ZVEX ltd. edition fuzz factory (8/16), vintage vox tonebender, echoczar w/angel baby, mxr evh phase 90, ibanez vintage ts808, boss ce-5, line 6 dl4, proco rat, big muff, digitech whammy, vox v847, moog phaser, and fulltone clyde deluxe wah, and I run them into a mesa MK IV head with 4x12 mesa cab, 2x12 orange cab, and soon I will be adding on a Diezel VH4-S, VH4 or Herbert, I am yet to find out which one... I heard that PRS and mesa are the new gibson & marshall, I hope PRS handle effects well and would work well with my Diezel which I am soon to get... Please tell me which one of those guitars you would get, I am now leaning more towards the modern eagle, its just soooo beatiful and sounds awsome... my style of music is brit rock/classic rock/blues/ some metal...

• Members

Originally posted by markom89

my style of music is brit rock/classic rock/blues/ some metal...

I was the one that said that PRS and Mesa go well together to get a numetal type of sound in the last thread you started. I also said that Gibson and Marshall is just that awesome classic rock sound. It seems like you need to go somewhere and play them all, if you can, but I still say Gibson man. For brit rock/classic rock/blues/ some metal Gibson is your best bet. PRS is good too, but I just don't think they have a very soulful bluesy tone, and brit rock and classic rock are direct off shoots of blues. Play 'em though, you'll know which is your tone.

• Members

I wouldnt get any. I would buy a USED 61' re-issue SG and put some burstbuckers in it. At any rate all of the guitars you are looking at are top-flight and very cool. I agree with kdp86 in that you should go try em' all out and snag the one that grabs you. Let us know how you make out.

• Members

:confused: I thought you already had a White Falcon...

Hey guys, Ive only been playing for just ove a year, and Ive aquired quite a collection of gear considering the amount of time I've been playing, as funds arent much of an issue for me. In terms of gear Ive got a Fender 52' ri am Telecaster, a Fender Lite ash strat(korean made, main guitar, awsome neck),
a Gretsch white falcon,
larrivee lv-05e acoustic and 2 other crappy acoustics...

currently I have a 52' Ri Am tele, a korean lite ash strat (awsome neck), a gibson custom lp,
a gretsch white falcon
, and a larrivee LV-05E acoustic...

• Members

I gotta go with the PRS.

I think that's probably the best fit with your affinity to hi-tech sound.

The '59 might be a better investment, but it sounds like you are a player so I think the PRS will be a more versatile player for you.

I own some 40-odd guitars, nothing quite as high-end as you're talking, but from Gibsons, Parker Fly Classic, American Fenders and down to Squiers, but I've long considered my best "tone machine" to be my PRS CE22 bolt with the original dragon pickups. It's an upgraded version with flame top and bird inlay. I tend not to play it alot kind of because like Wayne in "Wayne's World" I kneel and proclaim, "We're not worthly, We're not worthy!"

• Members

You should just buy what you think looks cool, because its obvious you are just buying equipment to win praise from others. Your ears aren't developed enough to hear the difference between guitars and amps, nor can you play well enough to get the most out of these things. Diezel - gimme a break. Where are you going to play this beast, with barely 1 year of experience?

You should try and find a video of Blues Saraceno playing through a $99 Squier, a distortion box, and a Sears Silvertone amp. With less than $300 of equipment, his tone will spank yours for many years to come. I suggest selling your stuff, invest in some stable stocks, then get some practice gear that should cost well under a grand and learn to play.

:idea:

• Members

hey utterhack, did it ever occur to you that maybe I had an old white falcon, and that I want a newer one cause its my facoutire guitar?....Well, nonethe less Id gladly post some pictures of my stuff so you can see for yourself, I mean I dont have to try to proove anything to you, like who are you?... gimme a week or two until I get my new guitar, then Ill personally email you a pic ok?...sounds good, take care!

• Members

hey utterhack, did it ever occur to you that maybe I had an old white falcon, and that I want a newer one cause its my facoutire guitar?....

Nope - if I had a facoutire guitar the last thing I'd want to do would be replace it with a new one and lose all that precious, precious mojo.

It's all in good fun though :)

Glad you're back - you were quiet for a while and I was afraid you might have moved on!

• Members

How come most of you guys are going for the LP, is it just because of its history???...have any of you played both the 59' LP reissue and the PRS modern eagle, the modern eagles the best production guitar they make!!!(besides their private stock stuff!)... no but seriously what is it?...I realy liked the sound of both of them, and up until now I was convinced I was gonna go for the LP, maybe I still will though, a modern eagle is a guitar I can get anytime I want, but this 59' is probably more desiarable and will go up in value, I mite just wait a few months and get the modern eagle, all I can tell you now is that if I go for the LP the eagles my next axe, and the other way around, if I get the eagle lps next!!!...what do you guys think good idea???...how will the LP sound threw my Diezel which Im gonna get???...how will it sound with my MK IV i have now and all my effects??? I heard PRS handel effects better

• Members

WHy just limit yourself to the Gibby or PRS? Have you tried a USA Jackson, Carvin, or any one of a huge number of manufacturers who sell guitars in your price range?

I tell you the best way to figure out what you want is to stop in EVERY store you pass and try guitars out. SOmething will call to you. Maybe something unexpected, like a Schecter or ESP. Maybe something exotic like an Anderson.

Don't limit yourself on an investment this big. You wouldn't do that if you were buying a $2,500 used car...You'd keep searching untill you found one you connected with and was a good value.

• Members

Well, nonethe less Id gladly post some pictures of my stuff so you can see for yourself, I mean I dont have to try to proove anything to you, like who are you?...

Yeah, you keep saying that but you never post the pictures. I'm convinced you're all talk, son. :wave:

Archived