Which of the following electrics should I get???

markom89

• Members

Atomic jeff; Ive been on HC for like 2 weeks, and I kept saying Id post pics in a few weeks... what part of that didnt you understand???...now stfu, and go and pic on some other 16 year old on HC so you can feel all cool and stuff, even though you realy arent... I will post some god damn pics when I want to, ok?...thanks, luv ya;)

• Members

Hey, do you guys think that with my current rig I could pull off a Muse type of sound?... I know Matthew Bellamy uses a Diezel, which Im getting this summer, and a ZVEX FF so do you think I could nail that sound with a Les Paul better than with a modern eagle or the other way around?... tell me what you think, Man I cant wait to get that Diezel this summer...:D :D :D ...and next weekend my new axe!!!

• Members

well?...what do I need to get the Muse sound?...Since Im getting a Diezel VH4-S, VH4, or Herbert and my FF is being shipped what else would I need to get that sound down?...I realy dig Matthews sound alot, could either the 59' LP or the modern eagle nail that unique sound?

• Members

Originally posted by markom89

Atomic jeff; Ive been on HC for like 2 weeks, and I kept saying Id post pics in a few weeks... what part of that didnt you understand???..... I will post some god damn pics when I want to, ok?...thanks, luv ya;)

Little boy, what's taking so long? Is it that you have money for expensive gear but do not have money a digital camera? :eek::rolleyes::confused:

• Members

My uncle once told me this a few months ago after I received my 2nd guitar, he said to me "Jeff, There are two type of Guitarists, The Guitar Player and the Guitar Collector." If you wish to develop yourself as a guitar player, you shouldn't be focusing so much on what pedal you need to sound like the guitarist from Muse, or what guitar or amp. If you wish to mature and grow as a player, you have to focus on well, playing. I mean you need to be able to be fairly techical, play on time, be accurate, and write good riffs/solos. Now think about it for a minute, did the guitarist from Muse constantly obsess about what effects or what guitars or what amps his guitar heroes were using? Most likely not. I mean yes, there was certainly some inspiration, but he uses his gear because it tailored to his needs and helps serve purpose in his songs. And think about it, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Page, Johnny Cash, Kirk Hammett, Randy Rhoads all got famous by just writing music, and going out there and playing it, and not obsessing over gear. I think this is something you should seriously think about. If you are a guitar collector, then by all means, collect your gear.

Just my 2 cents.

• Members

Originally posted by Mellow-Bellows

My uncle once told me this a few months ago after I received my 2nd guitar, he said to me "Jeff, There are two type of Guitarists, The Guitar Player and the Guitar Collector." If you wish to develop yourself as a guitar player, you shouldn't be focusing so much on what pedal you need to sound like the guitarist from Muse, or what guitar or amp. If you wish to mature and grow as a player, you have to focus on well, playing. I mean you need to be able to be fairly techical, play on time, be accurate, and write good riffs/solos. Now think about it for a minute, did the guitarist from Muse constantly obsess about what effects or what guitars or what amps his guitar heroes were using? Most likely not. I mean yes, there was certainly some inspiration, but he uses his gear because it tailored to his needs and helps serve purpose in his songs. And think about it, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Page, Johnny Cash, Kirk Hammett, Randy Rhoads all got famous by just writing music, and going out there and playing it, and not obsessing over gear. I think this is something you should seriously think about. If you are a guitar collector, then by all means, collect your gear.

Just my 2 cents.

Well... Hendrix was a gear FREAK, Page knew a thing or two about fx, Hammett has spent a lot of time with his wah, and Rhoads was known to abuse a flanger every now and then.

• Members

Originally posted by Mellow-Bellows

I know but they just went out there and played. thats my main point. i mean yeah they used pedals and had quite the rigs, but nonetheless i believe playing was their main priority.

Totally agreed -- just acknowledging that it's natural to be curious about the available tools. If it's a choice between gearsurfing and focused practice time, there's no question which has more value.

Of course, if it's a choice between gearsurfing and work... :)

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

Totally agreed -- just acknowledging that it's natural to be curious about the available tools. If it's a choice between gearsurfing and focused practice time, there's no question which has more value.

Of course, if it's a choice between gearsurfing and work...
:)

Yeah I agree with you that it's natural to be curious about gear and such. However from what I read, the original poster, from what I have read has not been playing that long, like barely a year, but yet he has a few guitars it seems. It seems he kind of took the gear curiousity to a different level and crossed the line. I know you or someone else may argue that well its his money it's his choice, that is true, however for a beginner, who probably doesn't probably have the best playing, ear training and experience with guitars as far as feel, tone, build quality and just overall experience with guitars, I don't think it serves him right to be buying one guitar after another, but rather to (as corny as it sounds) build a relationship and familiarize himself with his current rig.

Archived