So I got pro tools...

• Members

I'd think you'd get more than a single mono track, even off the C drive, and even if that C drive was only spinning at 4200 RPM (all of which are definitely NOT recommended).

What error number ("DAE Error-1115" or whatever) did it give you - or did it just crash to the desktop or...?

Thanks guys...

I dont remember the error exactly... i sa so :mad:I just remember it said somethig that "interrupts held too long" or something like that. I think one mono track is not too much even for a 4200 i have an external drive, but i am waiting for a pcmcia to firewire card to use it...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is pro tools a cpu hog?

I am running it on a p4 3.2 Ghz, 512 RAM (i know i am supposed to have 768), and it keeps giving a message that interrups took too long or something like that and recording will stop...

Then i realize that in the playback engine it says 2 processors, and when i see the performance tab in the applet that appears when you press crtl+alt+del it appears like if my processor was 2 cores... there are no p4 2 core, are there? I wonder if this is some configuration error that is screwing protools performance, or are those 256 MB of ram missing that critical? :poke:

:wave:

This is the system you're running on, correct?

Do you know what chipset the motherboard on that computer uses? If not, if you can post the brand / model number, I might be able to track it down for you...

Also, if you can get that DAE error number, it might tell us what the nature of the problem is - and possible cures.

Finally, I should advise anyone who is planning on getting PT to make sure your computer is compatible. The best places to check for that are the Digidesign compatibility docs and the DUC forums.

the chipset is ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 IGP.

I believe that's the graphics chipset... we need the motherboard chipset too if possible, or even better yet, the brand and model number of the computer.

I just want to make sure you don't have an incompatible motherboard chipset and thus an incompatible laptop before we go any further. I'm starting to get concerned that you might not have checked into that first... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the 915 chipsets are okay, some are not. A buddy of mine got nailed with a 915G that didn't work. You should probably be okay with your chipset, but I'd recommend asking on the DUC or calling Digidesign to make sure that there's no significant difference between a 915GM and GM Express.

What's the brand / model of the laptop?

Have you tried recording to an external drive?

• Members

The Massey plugs are great. In addition to saving settings, purchasing them gets you bypass switching and higher sampling rate support. CT4, L2007, and TD5 are all definitely worth purchasing. Probably the Tape Saturater as well, for how much I've used the demo version. THC and the EQ are excellent as well but I'm not sure they're as "essential" as CT4. It and the Chandler/Abbey Road TG Limiter are the only plugin compressors (other than a couple of the UAD-1 plugs, which are a pain in the ass in PTLE) that I like using.

Archived