Gibson Love

underblu

• Members

I gotta say after installing new gibson pots and a 57 and 57+ in my LP Standard the effort has paid off.

Initially I was going to play it for a bit then sell it when I found a reasonable deal on a violinburst McCarty -Gibson LPs have always been my least favorite guitars playability wise.

Now I have an 8.5 lb tone monster the plays wonderfully with low action and no fretbuzs. Wholelotta sustain and Gibson on the headstock

GAS for a McCarty had all but dissipated. Could I have actually gone over to the darkside

Gibbyfrontsun6.jpg

Gibbyfrontsun7.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by underblu

I gotta say after installing new gibson pots and a 57 and 57+ in my LP Standard the effort has paid off.

Initially I was going to play it for a bit then sell it when I found a reasonable deal on a violinburst McCarty -Gibson LPs have always been my least favorite guitars playability wise.

Now I have an 8.5 lb tone monster the plays wonderfully with low action and no fretbuzs. Wholelotta sustain and Gibson on the headstock

GAS for a McCarty had all but dissipated. Could I have actually gone over to the darkside

Gibbyfrontsun6.jpg
Gibbyfrontsun7.jpg

You did the right thing! Keep your LP. You can always get the neck heel redone and all but gone if you wantto...they play SOOO much better that way.........but it will kill the value.

• Members

Originally posted by Weathered

The '57 Classics are great pickups - nice choice in putting them in a 'Paul. I've got a Tele waiting for a pair when I can scrounge up the cash.

You'll loke the 57s I ended up getting 2 57s and 1 57+ NIB for about 220.00 on ebay.

I threw the other 57 in my PRS SE custom neck and the sound is great has a very vintagey strat tone imo albeit a touch darker and chunkier.

All in all I wanted vintage charcter warmth with a lot of midrangey overtones and harmonics and the 57s shimmer in that regard.

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

I have a 57 Classic Plus about to go back into my Epi LP Custom (bridge) and in the neck will be a regular 57 Classic (still gotta buy). Great tone!

And as far as additional GIbson love, my SG Classic:

sgnew2.jpg

Sweet SG. what p90s are they how do you like them.

Also let us know what you think of the the 57 plus in your epi.

I really dig these gibby pups I tempted to try out some burst buckers in my Santana SE or a pair of PAF Fralins just for something different but so far the 57s are exactly what I have been looking for..

Archived