New LP R0 VOS!

• Members

Just got this yesterday - A Custom Shop VOS 1960 reissue in Iced Tea. This is without a doubt the best-playing guitar I've ever owned, and probably the best I've ever held - it's that good.

Vic at Guitar Gallery in Canonsburg PA found me this one - kudos and thanks to him!

4334_p57619.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by SteinbergerHack

[bThis is without a doubt the best-playing guitar I've ever owned, and probably the best I've ever held - it's that good.

Funny thing is, every time someone spends a {censored}load on a guitar, any guitar, they say this. Even if they have it on ebay or returned within a month. :D (Not saying you'll do that....just an observation overall) :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

Funny thing is, every time someone spends a {censored}load on a guitar, any guitar, they say this. Even if they have it on ebay or returned within a month.
:D
(Not saying you'll do that....just an observation overall)
:thu:

Well, my PRS is a very nice playing guitar...you can tell when you're playing it that it's a quality-built instrument. It's light, it's perfectly balanced, the neck just fits my hand perfectly, and it practically plays itself.

But, all of my other guitars are also very nice playing...believe it or not, I've been playing my Epiphone '67 V the majority of the time now. I'm sure that there are some dog Epi '67 V's out there, but mine is not one of them.

I've also discovered that no matter which of my guitars I'm playing...whether it's my $2K PRS or my $300 Epiphone...I still sound like me.

• Members

Funny thing is, every time someone spends a {censored}load on a guitar, any guitar, they say this. Even if they have it on ebay or returned within a month.

Good point. In my case, though, this is the reason I bought the guitar.

In all seriousness, the VOS Reissues are some seriously great instruments - they are MILES ahead of the USA series in terms of the neck and fret work.

• Members

I would like to check out a VOS. Gotta be cooler than Fender's beat up "relics".

I'm guessing the neck feels amazing?

Yeah. The Custom Shop is now doing a factory PLEK job on all of the VOS Reissues, so the setup is just about dead-nuts perfect. Personally, I really like the 1960 neck - the 50s series are too thick for my taste - but all of the new RIs I've played have been incredibly smooth-playing, even if they didn't fit my hand.

• Members

dont you say that too, even when you get a "cheap" guitar... then ebay it or put it up for sale a few weeks later?? ;):D;)

AJC

PS that LP is smokin' hot!

• Members

Holy crap I just found the price....$4900.....
:eek:

I didn't pay that much.....it still weren't cheap, though....:eek:

And no trace of the infamous "sticky neck"?

Nope - at least not that I've felt. I've spent years getting my Steinberger just right, and this thing felt smoother and more consistent straight out of the box.

I guess it should for that kind of $$$, but it's still really cool to feel a guitar that has no compromises.....

• Members
Originally posted by ajcoholic

dont you say that too, even when you get a "cheap" guitar... then ebay it or put it up for sale a few weeks later?? ;):D;)

Thats what I was thinking, Pot calling the kettle black huh?

• Members
Originally posted by ajcoholic

dont you say that too, even when you get a "cheap" guitar... then ebay it or put it up for sale a few weeks later??
;):D;)

AJC

PS that LP is smokin' hot!

Not me, not ever. I've never used "This is without a doubt the best-playing guitar I've ever owned, and probably the best I've ever held - it's that good." I've said guitars were good or great but never the best ever! :D

I have said the Custom Shop Showmaster has the nicest neck I've ever played and I still do think that! :thu:

• Members

Outstanding guitar. I couldn't afford a 59 or 60 when I was shopping for mine in 02, but I found some amazing 58's at Wildwood and ended up with this one:

lpr8knobs.jpg
lpr8cut.jpg
lpr8top.jpg

$3000 plus tax. I'm glad I bought it when I did.

• Members
Originally posted by docjeff

Outstanding guitar. I couldn't afford a 59 or 60 when I was shopping for mine in 02, but I found some amazing 58's at Wildwood and ended up with this one:

You got a GREAT deal, given what anything with a flame top is bringing now.:thu: How's it sound?

• Members

You got a GREAT deal, given what anything with a flame top is bringing now.
How's it sound?

It's a great sounding guitar, and it's only 8.6 pounds. The resonance goes right through your body, and it has an extremely bell-like clean sound. I just played it for about 90 minutes through my AC30TBX. What a treat. Enjoy your guitar.

• Members
Originally posted by docjeff

lpr8knobs.jpg
lpr8cut.jpg
lpr8top.jpg

didnt know the R8s came in flame:freak:

• Members

Just got this yesterday - A Custom Shop VOS 1960 reissue in Iced Tea. This is without a doubt the best-playing guitar I've ever owned, and probably the best I've ever held - it's that good.

Vic at Guitar Gallery in Canonsburg PA found me this one - kudos and thanks to him!

4334_p57619.jpg

Sexy guitar! Saw it in the LP forum as well. Congrats!

Archived