Getting new LP on Monday...

markom89

• Members

Yea, like the thread title says...Im getting a new LP on monday, its a 2004 Les Paul premium plus in trans amber, its Brand new, and has been just sitting around at the store for I guess... 2 years, I realy want to get some money of the price since its 2 years old, and has some minor scratches, and its $3000!!!...canadian, but still alot of dough for a 2 year old LP with some scratches and after-market strap locks (which I dont mind, but theyre still aftermarket, cause the dude who works at the store wanted to buy it, so figured hed put some strap locks on it before he bought it)...Ive wanted an LP forever and I realy like the top on this one, I was actually offered a 2005 LP standard in either light burst or trans amber for only $1000CDN, but the guy said its in MINT but, had a warped neck but that was fixed, and I was wondering what does that mean exactley?...if it is fixed now will it make a difference in the Long run? and also would I be able to sell it for more later on since I would be only paying $1000, I figure I could maybe even get $2000 CDN? what do you guys think?

• Members

Why does everything you post sound like an obnoxious ADD kid trying to troll.

So somebody is offering you a choice of LP standards in two finishes and both have had warped necks. All this for $1000 Canadian? Interesting since these would not sell for anything less than $1800 around here, and since a guitar that new would be covered by Gibson/store warranty at most any store in Canada. That means they would be returned or replaced and essentialy be worth $2000+.

So I say youre full of {censored}, if youre not, tell me who is selling these so I can tell him he can do better:)

• Members

Originally posted by markom89

....I was actually offered a 2005 LP standard in either light burst or trans amber for only $1000CDN, but the guy said its in MINT but, had a warped neck but that was fixed, and I was wondering what does that mean exactley?...if it is fixed now will it make a difference in the Long run? and also would I be able to sell it for more later on since I would be only paying $1000, I figure I could maybe even get $2000 CDN? what do you guys think?

The guitar with the "warped neck" probably just needed a truss rod adjustments. Most Les Pauls need truss rods adjustements occasionaly.

As far as the price is conserned, I don't know what the CDN dollars is worth compared to the American buck.

BTW, you might want to think about using the return key once in a while. It was pretty hard to read your thread.

• Members

Its hard to take someone serious if they write their posts like a 12 year old, and then post crap like this when someone is asking a legit question, now is it?

man...your 14 and you can afford all that stuff?...WOW:freak: ... big {censored}, Im 16 and Im getting a Diezel VH4 or Herbert... thats $4600...so in your face, and dont try and show off cause you can afford a $2000+ amp cause no one cares, theres guys on here with 10000 times better gear...the thing that pissed me off alot was when you said "im only 14 and have no job"...like honestly, when I read that I just wanted to kill you!but im a spoiled brat so w.e...maybe Id even get along with you, no...your 14:freak: maybe if you have a hot sister...that was 15...mmmmmm

• Members

so I guess the one with the "warped" neck would be the better deal for $1000 CDN and its in mint, besides one tiny hair scratch on the back near the cavity, thats about $850 US, and like I said its a 2005 and comes with OHSC and everything, what else could the warped neck thing mean? it isnt anything to worry about is it? do you guys think I could make some money of it when selling it later on in life? for now, it would be a gigging guitar.

• Members

your funny...now, why the {censored} would I lie about being able to get that deal, Ive got nothing to proove to you or anyone on here, for some reason its always assholes like you that ruin threads that start off normal like these...like wtf's your problem, just answer the {censored}ing question, and what do you do? spend all your time looking for posts I make on other forums? loser.

• Members

your funny...now, why the {censored} would I lie about being able to get that deal, Ive got nothing to proove to you or anyone on here, for some reason its always assholes like you that ruin threads that start off normal like these...like wtf's your problem, just answer the {censored}ing question, and what do you do? spend all your time looking for posts I make on other forums? loser.

Nope I was in the other thread to answer legit amp questions until you came in to tell us how much better your stuff is. Then I came to EG, and I've never heard of a deal like this around here, so tell me where it is, I'd like to know. Its almost stupid to let them go this cheap because even ones with broken headstocks that are all scratched up still sell for $1300+. 05's would still be covered by store warranty and would sell for much more, so your story doesnt add up to me. :)

• Members

With the current exchange rate that's $2700 USD. Way too much for a Standard. You can pick up an R8 for considerably less. or a GCR0 for about that if you like slimmer necks. If a figured top is what you're after consider a used R8. Mark's Guitar Loft has a couple for less than the standard you're looking at.

Gibson USA is good stuff, but for that money a Historic would be a much better deal.

• Members

looks like the 12 year old was unleashed.

• Members

I do co-op at long & mcquade and a guy who I work with there is selling his 05' LP std. in either trans amber or lightburst for $1000, like I said its got 1 fine scratch and had a warped neck which he said was fixed, he said he bought it off a guy a few months back for $1200 and now is selling it for this much. So tell me what you think, when he took it to Long & Mcqaude they offered him a grand and said theyd sell it for only $1500...

• Members

and the ignore button comes out once again. I agree with alchemist. I've seen you post a lot in the effects forum. you just don't make any sense when you post. You just seem to talk big without showing anything that would point to any sign of intellect or actual playing ability. If you truly are some moronic child of a playboy millionaire father, then get the premium plus top. If not, get the one with the warped neck and get it fixed under warranty. And everyone remember. Don't feed the trolls.

• Members

wtf are you talking about?...Ive posted atleast 10 pics of my gear, and there was even a member from toronto (jasonfuzz) come to my gig last saturday and was able to confirm to you {censored}ing morons that think Im lieing cause I realy give a {censored} about what you think that Im for real, he saw all my gear, all my pedalsm guitars, amp(s), etc...so stfu, you dumb {censored}... when clearly you know nothing about me, my gear or anything, your just all talk

• Members
Originally posted by taylor210eman

and the ignore button comes out once again. I agree with alchemist. I've seen you post a lot in the effects forum. you just don't make any sense when you post. You just seem to talk big without showing anything that would point to any sign of intellect or actual playing ability. If you truly are some moronic child of a playboy millionaire father, then get the premium plus top. If not, get the one with the warped neck and get it fixed under warranty. And everyone remember. Don't feed the trolls.

I lurk in FX forums, just reading, dont really contribute. I've read some of those posts. Someone said they went to his show and he was a total noob but he does have fancy gear. Either way, if you have lots of money like it seems you do, why are you buying a 2nd hand guitar. Get a CS R9, then fly to Germany to pickup your Diezel:eek: ;)

Personaly, I would buy the guitar, I'd probably offer him a fair price, because L&M seriously lowballed on that offer, I'd go $1100 at least then turn it around, you could probably go $1600 easy. But then again, why would you care if you were looking at a $3000 guitar anyway:freak:

• Members

wtf are you talking about?...Ive posted atleast 10 pics of my gear, and there was even a member from toronto (jasonfuzz) come to my gig last saturday and was able to confirm to you {censored}ing morons that think Im lieing cause I realy give a {censored} about what you think that Im for real, he saw all my gear, all my pedalsm guitars, amp(s), etc...so stfu, you dumb {censored}... when clearly you know nothing about me, my gear or anything, your just all talk

Let's see those pic's

• Members

cause' I just need it for gigging, nothing more, so I figured it was a good deal, and Im just gonna' offer him a grand. and thats the plan, I am flying to Germany to get my Diezel, lol, its true... this summer, I realy cant wait, sitll cant decide if I want the herbert or the VH4/VH4-S... if i get the $1000 05' STD I think Ill throw in some realy nice pickups, something vintage, or any suggestions for realy good humbuckers?

Archived