Careful this thread will make you want so bad.

Only he can tell you what that construction and gear will wind up costing, but from the looks of things, it's not going to be cheap. ;)

As far as his pricing, the local market will determine how that goes... He may indeed be pricing things at a price similar to "the big local studio", but if they're already doing good work, and already established, he's going to have some work to do to differentiate himself and his facility and gain market share.

Remember - gear and acoustics are only part of the equation. Location, vibe, the staff's overall customer service levels and especially the engineer's capabilities all come into play too. :)

• Members

There is no staff according to the thread. Judging by how much he blew on the HVAC alone (6000 euro) this studio is nuts.

I have heard his mixes he's good.

Apparently he has money from a successful fam business so not sure how much debt he is acquiring.

Here I will go ahead and post the good pictures:

CR_Console&Racks&Monitors_01.jpg

CR_Rack_2Bay_R_Gear%2001.jpg

Guitar_Amps_02.jpg

Amazing security door (try to break that sucker down)

Entrance%20new%20door%2004.jpg

I/O box to live room

Rec%20Room%20Rack%20panels%2005.jpg

CR_RackNRoll_R_Gear%2001.jpg

CR_Rack_3Bay_R_Gear%2001.jpg

CR_Rack_2Bay_L_Gear%2001.jpg

Well, he certainly has good taste in gear IMO. :) However, he's funding it from outside sources (family money)... that's good in that it allows him to get up and running, but from a strictly business standpoint, he's going to have to make a ton of money to actually pay for all of that and thus have a "profitable" studio, and that's not always easy.

But I do agree it's a cool looking, well equipped room. :cool:

Does he even care if it makes money? Maybe he doesn't. If he can afford to drop that kind of dough up front, it may be more a personal enjoyment/vanity project than a money making venture.

Point conceded. :) However, if he's trying to recoup, that's when things get interesting / harder.

There's a local shop that specializes in high end boutique guitars, amps, pedals, etc. Really nice place - they have a concert stage / bar / lounge area where they hold concerts with national acts, as well as plans for (might actually be done now for all I know) a small PT recording studio (CR and small tracking room). The place is beautiful, and I'm sure they do a lot of web based business - but every time I go in there, it's nearly empty insofar as walk in customers. While I don't know the details of their financial situation, I do know that the owner's success in other business ventures (construction contractor IIRC) is what allowed him to build that beautiful facility - I don't know if "making a profit" ever entered into the equation.

Must be nice to be rich. :lol:

Archived