Will a Jap Les Paul copy blow my Agile Away?

tjmoto

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CAUTION: On topic post to follow!

I currently own an Agile AL-2500 LP and an Edwards LP. While the Agile looks great and plays fairly well too, i think the Edwards is far and away a better guitar. The Agile for one is very dense and heavy whereas the Edwards is a fair bit lighter and the tone (to me anyway) just seems so much sweeter.

Granted the Edwards cost a bit over double that the Agile did but i think it is a much better guitar.

• Members

I've got a couple of Agiles and a couple of Elitists, The Elitists "feel" different, and have better pups by far. Not that the Agiles feel bad, they're almost more modern feeling than the traditional LP, styling as well.

They all sound different and all play well. Little bit of difference in the specs beyond cosmetics like fretboard radius, fret dimensions.

Fit & finish are nearly identical, I wouldn't be surprised if they where made by the same group.

Performance wise the edge goes to the Elitists. They sound better, tune up to be a better "Les Paul" - which in fact they are, and are a little better looking, depending on what you criteria is.

I wouldn't hesitate to play out with the Agiles.
Even the 2500 I go a few years ago, really one of my favorites.

my 2

• Members
Originally posted by jerry_picker

I thought Lester was from Waukesha, Wisconsin, not Honshu.
:freak:

him lying about his origins wouldnt be the first story he made up...

and I looked at the back of my Tokai and Greco, and its stamped "made by slanty-eyed islanders"
:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by zenbu

someday, your gonna bad mouth the wrong person in Texas and they`re gonna pull out a concealed weapon and shoot you. can`t say I care.

same thing could happen in Japan, cept they would use a shuriken, cuz theres Ninjas all over that place!

• Members

someday, your gonna bad mouth the wrong person in Texas and they`re gonna pull out a concealed weapon and shoot you. can`t say I care.

But...but...I live in the OC, and many of my friends and neighbors are Japanese-Americans!:confused:

(Should I really not talk to people in Texas? :eek: )

• Members
Originally posted by jerry_picker

But...but...I live in the OC, and many of my friends and neighbors are Japanese-Americans!
:confused:

(Should I really not talk to people in Texas?
:eek:
)

well that just means they will throw shurikens at you and shoot you at the same time, duh

• Members

wow! and you edited that? that's the best you could come up with after two tries?!?

what are you, some kind of third party internet tough guy?

get over it, jerk - you have trouble comprehending what you read, don't start wishing death on others over it

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

wow! and you edited that? that's the best you could come up with after two tries?!?

what are you, some kind of third party internet tough guy?

get over it, jerk - you have trouble comprehending what you read, don't start wishing death on others over it

whatever.

Archived