Chrome Tele's & The Dixie Chicks

Karma1

• Members

I just happened to be checking the morning news on TV and I chanced across The Today Show with the Dixie Chicks perfoming live. I'm not a huge fan of their music (although I think they are talented), but their guitars really caught my eye. Natalie Mains, the lead vocalist was playing a chrome bodied Telecaster with a red pickgard, red neck, and red headstock. Looked like it had a humbucker in the neck. One of the other ladies, I'm not sure of her name, had a very cool chrome Tele Thinline with F holes. They both looked like Fender Custom shop models. I kept wishing the camera would move in for some closeups, but it didn't get really close enough to make out all the details. But they were some very outrageous guitars. Does anyone have any details or photos of them?

• Members

Their mindless POLITICS turns me off enough that they now register in the DO NOT CARE what they do!!

Why don't famous people get it...we like your talent, but don't tell us how to vote. If we want to know, we will ask you...until then, keep it shut!@

• Members

Originally posted by DJ in FL

Their mindless POLITICS turns me off enough that they now register in the DO NOT CARE what they do!!

Why don't famous people get it...we like your talent, but don't tell us how to vote. If we want to know, we will ask you...until then, keep it shut!@

Gee.. for the 'land of the free' you guys sure don't like free speech..

I saw them interviewed on Australian TV the other week, they sure seemed pretty down to earth and non preachy to me..

They made a good point though, most people who get riled up about their 'Anti Bush' stance have not heard what they ACTUALLY said..

• Members

Aluminum body no doubt.

Tele021.jpg

Fender made a few aluminum bodied Strats and Teles back in the 90's.

There is a guy who makes them and sells on Ebay, but I would recommend you DO NOT deal with him. It took my over one year to get my body (quoted 6-8 weeks), and it is out of spec. I have to send it out to another tech because he did not set the bridge onto the body straight, as well as the pickguard and control plate holes being drilled incorrectly. This will cost me an additional $100 to have holes filled and re-drilled. Beware of Spruce Hill Guitars, they are a bunch of hacks.

• Members

Originally posted by Mr.Mow

They made a good point though, most people who get riled up about their 'Anti Bush' stance have not heard what they ACTUALLY said..

How do you know it's a good point? I heard what they said, or at least read the quote of it. I think they're a bunch of twits who need to keep their traps shut before they end up getting themselves hurt. Larry the cableguy said it best.. If it weren't for the country fans that Natalie says they don't need anymore, her fat ass would be working at a Lane Bryant somewhere.. I'm not a Bush fan these days, I think he's screwed a lot of stuff up, but you don't go to another country (least of all {censored}ing FRANCE!) and dog the president of this country and expect a peachy reception when you get home. Least of all from country fans.

• Members

Originally posted by RaVenCAD

How do you know it's a good point? I heard what they said, or at least read the quote of it. I think they're a bunch of twits who need to keep their traps shut before they end up getting themselves hurt. Larry the cableguy said it best.. If it weren't for the country fans that Natalie says they don't need anymore, her fat ass would be working at a Lane Bryant somewhere.. I'm not a Bush fan these days, I think he's screwed a lot of stuff up, but you don't go to another country (least of all {censored}ing FRANCE!) and dog the president of this country and expect a peachy reception when you get home. Least of all from country fans.

Psssst...London is in England.

• Members

They also talked some {censored} in France, as I recall... France, being the bastards that were pussing out on us at the time.

I don't know man, I haven't seen anything mentioning France.

• Members

I saw them interviewed on Australian TV the other week, they sure seemed pretty down to earth and non preachy to me..

Actually I support their right to say whatever they want, but I have just as much right to tune them out, or express my opinion on them and their politics. Freedom of expression goes both ways.:wave:

• Members

They also talked some {censored} in France, as I recall... France, being the bastards that were pussing out on us at the time.

I just spent 6 weeks touring around europe, and the parisians were by far the most helpful and friendly people I met. I think that the majority of people who randomly (and quite foolishly I might add) who attack an entire country of people with massive and ridiculous generalizations really should spend some time at least trying to understand the way another country lives.

Sorry raven I wasn't attacking you, that was mostly directed to several people I know in real life who have never left the country but never cease to amaze me by bashing the hell out of other countries when they've never even been there. I think there was some statistic floating around about the percentage of people that have actually left the country. and it was pretty sadly small.

Keep in mind I am merely a student and I don't expect everyone to have the means to leave, I merely think people should be more openminded and if you can't go to another place before you judge it, at least try to understand it a little more.

• Members

Freedom of speech in the US is NOT...I repeat...NOT free. You pay dearly for every word you say. So chose carefully. Does it mean you get thrown in jail for your words? No...But it does mean you are held acountable for your statements.

The fact of the matter is that the strong majority of country music fans are conservatives. The Dixie Chicks may have stupidly exercised their freedom of speech....but they paid for it dearly in record sales, polularity and relevance in country music.

Another thing. Considering where you live, get off your high horse regarding 'freedom of speech'...I find it tremendously disturbing that people outside the US think they know more about the rights of US citizens than US citizens. Freedom of speech does not limit someone from getting angry when someone else exercises that freedom in poor taste.

• Members

Of course they have a right to say whatever is on their mind...at least they have a mind!! Some of the comments I hear here makes me wonder how any musician could support the ugliness that the bushies have spread around 'our country' and the world. I mean, if your into music for the girls and the drugs then that would explain it (mindless), but if you really dig music...an artform not unlike poetry or dance...its inconceivable that you could be so dense.

• Members

Well there ya go. Her first remarks, the ones that first caused the "uproar" were made in London. As far as I know London is not in France. Well it wasn't there last time I was there.

If that was in fact what you were referring to.

• Members

You guys need to lay off Mr. Mow. He made an observation of one American slamming other Americans (Dixie Chicks and all politically outspoken celebrities for that matter) for something they said. I can see where that would send a mixed message especially on the surface. I don't think Mr. Mow said it in anger and actually I suspect it was in jest.

I am not even going to talk about the dixie chicks so there. But I wouldn't mind seeing some chromed out Fenders...whose got pics!?!?:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by axegrinder

You guys need to lay off Mr. Mow. He made an observation of one American slamming other Americans (Dixie Chicks and all politically outspoken celebrities for that matter) for something they said. I can see where that would send a mixed message especially on the surface. I don't think Mr. Mow said it in anger and actually I suspect it was in jest.

Oh ok, it doesn't send a mixed message when 3 cunts, hardly representative of this country, prance off to london and rag about their own country??

Like I said, freedom of speech isnt free...and if you're in a high profile scenario, it's far more costly. The dixie chicks exercised their right....and we, as americans (and me as a country fan) are exercising our right to dislike the 3 cunts.

Nothing dixie about the Dixie Chicks....nothing at all....

• Members

I think they're a bunch of twits who need to keep their traps shut before they end up getting themselves hurt.

is that a threat? you and your ilk aren't going to do {censored}, you got me?

• Members

Originally posted by Joe Vocht

Of course they have a right to say whatever is on their mind...at least they have a mind!! Some of the comments I hear here makes me wonder how any musician could support the ugliness that the bushies have spread around 'our country' and the world. I mean, if your into music for the girls and the drugs then that would explain it (mindless), but if you really dig music...an artform not unlike poetry or dance...its inconceivable that you could be so dense.

See........Some on the other side are insulting and boorish too.

• Members

Originally posted by strangegrey

Oh ok, it doesn't send a mixed message when 3 cunts, hardly representative of this country, prance off to london and rag about their own country??

Like I said, freedom of speech isnt free...and if you're in a high profile scenario, it's far more costly. The dixie chicks exercised their right....and we, as americans (and me as a country fan) are exercising our right to dislike the 3 cunts.

Nothing dixie about the Dixie Chicks....nothing at all....

Dude- ease up. You're accusing the Aussie of being on a high horse. How do you know? I would more likely want to know what his stance really is before attacking. But alas this is not the political forum so I don't even want to know his stance.

fwiw I agreed with your first two paragraphs. If the population tunes you out it's not censorship.

Any chrome teles yet fellas? :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by strangegrey

The fact of the matter is that the strong majority of country music fans are conservatives. The Dixie Chicks may have stupidly exercised their freedom of speech....but they paid for it dearly in record sales, polularity and relevance in country music.

Thier new album is the #1 selling country album.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002610727

Dixie Chicks' 'Long Way' Nests In At No. 1

For the third time in their career, the Dixie Chicks roost on the top of The Billboard 200. The Columbia album "Taking the Long Way" tallied 526,000 copies in its first week of U.S. sales, according to Nielsen SoundScan, the trio's best-selling week since 2002's "Home" debuted with 780,000.

And while country radio has remained cool to the group in the wake of a 2003 boycott following comments group member Natalie Maines made about President Bush, "Taking the Long Way" also nabs the No. 1 spot on the Country Albums chart, bumping Rascal Flatts' "Me and My Gang" (Lyric Street/Hollywood) down to No. 2 after seven weeks at the top.

• Members

Originally posted by axegrinder

that's better than I could do...all I could muster up were various chrome telecaster parts.
:rolleyes:

It was a quick search......Anything to keep this forum from turning into the Yahoo News political circus.:thu:

Archived