Chrome Tele's & The Dixie Chicks

Karma1

• Members

Originally posted by axegrinder

That's cool. Is it a hollow shell with a solid center block? And what's the swimming pool for, another pup or smuggler's compartment?

How about weight & tone?

It's a full hollow with a welded steel frame inside for support, 1/16" aluminum all the way around. The route in the middle is to maximize my future pickup options, right now I'm going for a Tele Junior thing- one P-90 in the bridge. I have a Duncan mini humbucker here I might put in the neck position. The neck is a USACG 24.75" (conversion) Strat neck, maple/ebony, 15" radius, Delrin nut and locking Sperzels. The pickup is a Duncan "Custom" P-90. The bridge is Strat-style string-through hardtail. I'm having it re-set (builder screwed up) with an old Mighty-Mite brass hardtail bridge from the 80's.

The weight of the guitar is pretty light, but I haven't weight it. I'm guessing about as heavy as an SG.

The acoustic tone is pretty full range. I love aluminum as a tone material because it is very deep in its resonance (anyone who's had an aluminum necked knows what I'm taking about) and to my ear allows all the tones (highs/mids/lows) through pretty equally and balanced. It has the brightness of a guitar with new strings, but a deep low tones at the same time. I don't know...I'm not very good at describing tones...it's awesome though!

• Members

Originally posted by RaVenCAD

How do you know it's a good point? I heard what they said, or at least read the quote of it. I think they're a bunch of twits who need to keep their traps shut before they end up getting themselves hurt. Larry the cableguy said it best.. If it weren't for the country fans that Natalie says they don't need anymore, her fat ass would be working at a Lane Bryant somewhere.. I'm not a Bush fan these days, I think he's screwed a lot of stuff up, but you don't go to another country (least of all {censored}ing FRANCE!) and dog the president of this country and expect a peachy reception when you get home. Least of all from country fans.

What, they are going to get hurt because they don't like Bush? Bush is a cocksucker. I HATE BUSH. I HATE CLINTON. What are you gonna do? Come beat me up? In the same breath you say he srcewed the country up? But you are going to support him anyway? Neat.

The Dixies can say whatever the {censored} they want, I can say whatever the {censored} I want. What in the world are you gonna do about it? Buy a Toby Keith album? No. You aren't gonna do {censored}.

Larry the Cable Guy is a complete {censored}ing dumbass and you quote him? I mean, his whole act is about being an ignorant redneck!!

The CRIME the Dixie Chicks made is that they said they didn't like Bush (along with the VAST MAJORITY of folks in th US). If you do not think people should be free to say what they want about some dirtbag politician, then move to {censored}in Iran.

Nothin personal Raven, but that is bull{censored}.

Let's judge the Dixies on their merits as musicians.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by DJ in FL

Their mindless POLITICS turns me off enough that they now register in the DO NOT CARE what they do!!

Why don't famous people get it...we like your talent, but don't tell us how to vote. If we want to know, we will ask you...until then, keep it shut!@

Nice work, Francis. Lighten Up!

• Members
Originally posted by sunset_gun

Aluminum body no doubt.

Tele021.jpg

Fender made a few aluminum bodied Strats and Teles back in the 90's.

There is a guy who makes them and sells on Ebay, but I would recommend you DO NOT deal with him. It took my over one year to get my body (quoted 6-8 weeks), and it is out of spec. I have to send it out to another tech because he did not set the bridge onto the body straight, as well as the pickguard and control plate holes being drilled incorrectly. This will cost me an additional $100 to have holes filled and re-drilled. Beware of Spruce Hill Guitars, they are a bunch of hacks.

How does a aluminum sound in a telecaster body??

Archived