I have a Digi002 rack that's sorta crapping out and I don't know what to do

• Members

I've been recording on Digi002 rack unit for several years and I started having problems - when I plug it in via Firewire, it just won't show up or be recognized by the computer. Nothing physically changed in my setup. Sometimes it will randomly work, but most of the time it won't. When I plug it in and it's not working I hear a few faint clicks from the unit and then nothing.

I belive it's a hardware issue, not software, as this happened in the middle of my band's CD recording process and we picked up a used 002 cheap and plugged it in and it worked fine. But now I have a semi-dead 002 under my bed, no digidesign support contract, and I'm not sure what to do....any advice on troubleshooting the thing? The only apparent issue it had was being recognized and hooking up via Firewire, everything else worked fine.

• Members

Check out the Digidesign Users' Conference at http://duc.digidesign.com - if they can't help you, you may be out of luck. However, to me this sounds like there's a chance it's the power harness. If it is the power harness, Digidesign will probably send you a new one at no charge even if you're out of warranty, since it's a known problem.

• Members

This one's easy: You have a faulty power harness. In theory Digidesign will send you a new one, as several original units had faulty ones. You can replace it yourself with a bit of nerve.

Spencer

• Members

If you can't get one from digidesign because it's a used unit, just buy one, or frankly go whole hog and get the unit properly upgraded from Black Lion Audio and have a really hot sounding piece of kit.

Spencer

• Members

If you can't get one from digidesign because it's a used unit, just buy one, or frankly go whole hog and get the unit properly upgraded from Black Lion Audio and have a really hot sounding piece of kit.

Spencer

Yeah I agree with this, but I'm not sure Black Lion will do anything about the harness. If memory serves there was something about them suggesting you fix that before you send it to them, when I sent mine it. But yeah the mod is totally worth it.:love:

Archived