John Mayer strat in action

Rada

• Members

Originally posted by Stonefoot

He sounded like most of this forum's clip posters.

+1

I wouldn't say hes great but he isn't terrible. Ok so he has nice gear, give him some years and not only will his equipment sound good but so will he.

As for the grinch guy, you are douche.

The only reason anyone wants to hear your clips is because you've been talking a lot of {censored} but have yet to back it up. You're in a "talk the talk" position right now.

Also attacks at another person's sexuality is really just pathetic. You have been playing for 15 years, so I take it you are older than a 15 year old so shut the hell up and act like an adult not some egotistical bastard.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by grinch

ok heres where i sound like an asshole.. but it bugs me when people have expensive gear n just dont play well.. just my 2 cents tho lol

It's also sad that the owner of the signature model has more heart than the actual artist its' modeled for.

But what's really pathetic is this guy looks exactly like the fagghot he idolizes. This really could be mayer 8 years ago before corporate decided to make his cross-eyed ass popular.

• Members
Originally posted by Burningleaves

:bor:
It's like this...you either post clips of your playing and meet my challange to prove YOU are "better" than that dude with Mayer strat or you dont. The way I see it is you wont...because its a lose - lose situation for you. If you are worse than that guy then you have no cred with your posts and are just a bull{censored}ter. On the other hand if you are so much better then "mayer dude" then you come across as being a "dickhead" for cracking on the "little guys". It's your move:freak:

I love this site:love:

• Members
Originally posted by seanthomas46

It's also sad that the owner of the signature model has more heart than the actual artist its' modeled for.

But what's really pathetic is this guy looks exactly like the fagghot he idolizes. This really could be mayer 8 years ago before corporate decided to make his cross-eyed ass popular.

:rolleyes:

• Members

If that is a demonstration of the tone of the JM Strat, I'd say a decent $100 Squier sounds better.

Also...as far as John Mayer, all I can say is that he's a far better guitarist, singer, and songwriter than anyone on this forum. But I suppose that is what happens when you don't spend half your life on a guitar forum and the other half modding cheap import guitars...

• Members
Originally posted by strat_predator

Also...as far as John Mayer, all I can say is that he's a far better guitarist, singer, and songwriter than anyone on this forum. But I suppose that is what happens when you don't spend half your life on a guitar forum and the other half modding cheap import guitars...

Definitely sig worthy! :D

• Members
Originally posted by grinch

so wait a sec .. u will be my judge ? ive spent 15 yrs of playing to have some nobody come along and dare me to post a clip.

U must think ur god or somtin dont ya .. do i care if u think i play well fuk no.. do i care about u fuk no .. do i enjoy that i have so gotten under ur skin that u have bowed down to actin like a 10 yr taunting me to prove somtin to *YOU* ? oh yes
:)

Have u posted any clips that can prove that u have a right to post ur thoughts here .. should we get u to post clips?

Isnt it funny wat u say I have posted made me seem like a dick,U have just turned around n did the same thing! .. what we hate in others oh so do we hate in ourselves ..

will i fall for ur lil game no but looks like u fell for mine .. were all the same stop the saint bs.. and ill tell u wat next time u post adress the things i asked ya over n over lil man.. i have nuthin to prove an guess wat * the mayer dude still cant play* haha ..

rember adress wat i say in my posts to u
:)
n show me some clips
;)
.. we could do this all day lets see if u can prove ur right for free speech
:thu:

Been playing 15 years, huh? How many minutes ago did you learn English, you tool? You sound like a 5 year old retard.:wave:

Troll.:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by strat_predator

Well, if you're being sarcastic, let me know when someone on this forum records a CD that sells over 50 copies (to people other than friends and family).

No, I wasn't being sarcastic....I'm a huge John Mayer fan

but BTW...Jimmy James and Red Ant have sold well over 50 copies (to people other than friends and family) ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Europa760

this thread rules

the words "john mayer" are like an insecurity detector on the internet.

The parts that make sad are:

1) Some guy gets ripped to shreds for playing his guitar. It's not like he's supposed to be on the Russian Olympic Guitar team, is it?

2) It's not ok to do something for a hobby? I stink at guitar, does that mean I'm not allowed to own one? I've seen some pretty crappy drivers on the road, yet they are allowed to own and drive a vehicle.

:confused:

• Members
Originally posted by Jim7895

1) Some guy gets ripped to shreds for playing his guitar. It's not like he's supposed to be on the Russian Olympic Guitar team, is it?

2) It's not ok to do something for a hobby? I stink at guitar, does that mean I'm not allowed to own one? I've seen some pretty crappy drivers on the road, yet they are allowed to own and drive a vehicle.

story of harmony central right there. everything has to be a contest.

• Members
Originally posted by Jim7895

+1

Who cares that this guy's not a great player? I don't think anyone's touting him as the second coming of SRV or anything, so what does it matter? He can afford a nice guitar? Well, some people have more money than others, there's nothing that can be done about that.

I mean, we don't have to hold hands and sing Kumbaya (I have no idea how to spell that) around here, but it feels like a jr. high lunch table at times.

Archived