Is this posible? (ilok license queston)

• Members

First let me premise this question with the statement that if this is possible, I want to know if it can be done LEGALLY. :thu:

Is it possible to share ilok licenses between 2 computers at the same time without purchasing 2 licenses?

I am assuming this violates the EULA in some way correct?

If so then what do big studios do when they have multiple workstations?

• Members

Is it possible to share ilok licenses between 2 computers at the same time without purchasing 2 licenses?

Out of curiosity, how would you do that? Are there USB hubs that can be shared between multiple computers at once?

• Members

As I understand it, it would not be legal. The purpose of ilok type devices is to prevent you from running software on multiple computers at the same time. The license on your ilok allows you to run 1 instance of the software at a time. If you want to run multiple instances at the same time you would need multiple iloks containing seperate licenses. I assume this is how the big studios do it when they use multiple workstations.

But I'm not a lawyer and I don't work at a big studio.

As I understand it, it would not be legal. The purpose of ilok type devices is to prevent you from running software on multiple computers
at the same time
. The license on your ilok allows you to run 1 instance of the software at a time. If you want to run multiple instances at the same time you would need multiple iloks containing seperate licenses. I assume this is how the big studios do it when they use multiple workstations.

But I'm not a lawyer and I don't work at a big studio.

Good post. :cool:

It comes down to the details of the software license, but in most cases, it's exactly that - you can only use it on one computer at a time. If the license allows you to install the software on multiple machines, all you have to do to use it on the other one is to move the iLok over... but if you want to run your plug ins or DAW software on multiple machines simultaneously, you'll either need a site license or multiple copies of the software and separate ilok authorizations.

Archived