Anyone using an electric with a piezo.

kirklandrock

• Members

Hello all,

considering buying an Ernie Ball Petrucci model guitar, and I was just curious if any of you have used an electric set up with a piezo for your acoustic sound.

Main question was do you run to P.A. for the acoustic sound or run thru your amp????

It seems like it would be ez to set up a splitter box to split the signal from amp to direct...

Let me know what most who use this set up are doing...

Thanks

jOE

• Members

I used to have an Albert Lee, Axis SS, and Silhouette Special all with the piezo option. They sound awesome, granted not as good as my Larrivee but thats a given. Now I use a custom Tele with the LR Baggs piezo system in it. I love it.

• Members
Originally posted by kirklandrock

Hello all,

considering buying an Ernie Ball Petrucci model guitar, and I was just curious if any of you have used an electric set up with a piezo for your acoustic sound.

Main question was do you run to P.A. for the acoustic sound or run thru your amp????

It seems like it would be ez to set up a splitter box to split the signal from amp to direct...

Let me know what most who use this set up are doing...

Thanks

jOE

Yep. I have a Hamer DuoTone. It has a separate jack for the piezo pickup,which I run directly to the board.

• Members

I have piezo saddles in my Axis Super Sport. It also has an onboard preamp, which I think is a huge convenience over needing an external preamp. It means you CAN run it into one amp and retain the ability to switch between electric and acoustic. But the piezos definitely sound best - or more acoustic - through the PA. I also have run it through my Eden bass rig with great results.

One thing that didn't occur to me when I first got it was the variety of useful tones you can get by blending the piezos into the magnetic signal.

Archived