Who here listens to japanese bands?

Jay 74

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Suspicious Mail

For garage rock, who can forget the inimitable Guitar Wolf?

I met guitar wolf at car city records once while I was buying some records. I think I gave them a copy of my bands 7" at the time.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

I just heard TOY SOLDIERS by Martika!

Good for you. Of course that has nothing to do with this thread since Martika isn't Japanese but Cuban-American.

Japanese/Okinawan stuff in my album collection includes the Ruins, Boredoms, Acid Mothers Temple, Fu{censored}susha, Hideo Yamaki, Shokichi Kina, Rinkenband, Shang Shang Typhoon, Melt Banana, Space Streakings, Ground Zero, Plastics, Hikashu, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Yukihiro Takahashi, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Haruomi Hosono, Sandii and the Sunsetz, Haco, Shizuka, Bondage Fruits, Aube, Takashi Hirayasu, Kawachiya Kikusuimaru, Michihiro Sato, Cibo Matto, Buffalo Daughter, Takako Minekawa, Otomo Yoshihide, Angel in Heavy Syrup, Ikue Mori with Tenko. I'm sure I'm missing something.

• Members

Originally posted by Suspicious Mail

For garage rock, who can forget the inimitable Guitar Wolf?

594-JB-guitar-wolf1.jpg

thank you!

I also like Envy a lot if anybody here has heard.

Crazy epic metal screamo post hardcore whatever

• Members

Originally posted by LoboR1

No, because any music not created on the continent of N. America has no credibility and sucks. Especially Japanese music. All their crazy songs about giant monsters, eating raw fish and automotive supremacy makes me sick!!

:wave:

Unlike the Cookie Monster bands in the US that only sing about the truth and make nothing up. Have you even read any of the lyrics to US bands? Most don't even include a complete thought within a verse. Worse than RAP!

• Members

it's the only type of music I really listen to now. I forgot the name of the bad that's in my car... I'll post up later.

But I'm a huge fan of Do As Infinity. Oasis and Signal are one of my favorites from them.

DAI is the reason why I'm obsessed with Les Pauls and SG's too.

• Members

My wife likes jpop. I got a bit on my drive right now:

Let's see what a tree>x.txt reveals:

Buzzlip

-Wild Rock

Do As Infinity

-Rakuen

dream

-Night of Fire

-Reality

Japan for Sale, Vol. 4

Kumi Koda

-Come with me

-secret

-BEST second session

L'Arc-en-Ciel

-Clicked Singles Best 13

move

-rewind singles collection 1

-rewind singles collection 2

Psycho le Cemu

-Beautiful World

X Japan

-Fan's Selection

-Fan's Selection (Disc 2)

ZZ

-Generation Hip Innocence

Huh. Guess there's a fair bit.

• Members

About six months ago I somehow ended up going to see the Suicide Girls perform live (and it was lame - like a bad strip show without any nudity) but this Japanese girl band opened up for them and they were so damn good. The singer/guitarist was just ripping on a Fiesta Red Jazzmaster and doing some serious headbanging while she played. Then between songs they would say things in the cutest broken English like, "we love here in Chicago!" Cute Japanese girls, a fiesta red Fender, serious chops, lots of screaming. I couldn't stop smiling. Anybody know who that band was? I have no recollection of their name.

Archived