Decent Travel Electric Guitars under $200

burton4snow

• Members

Chiquita for sure!

Otherwise the little Hofners and the Hofner copies are ok. Fernandes makes one. Epi had the finky little Mo' Baby,which was a travel sized guitar that looked like a V in a hurricane. And there's the little Pignose. The Fernandes and Piggie have built-in speaker and amp,as well.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Chiquita for sure!

Otherwise the little Hofners and the Hofner copies are ok. Fernandes makes one. Epi had the finky little Mo' Baby,which was a travel sized guitar that looked like a V in a hurricane. And there's the little Pignose. The Fernandes and Piggie have built-in speaker and amp,as well.

I think all of those are well over $200 new though aren't they Mr. Bonehead?

I went through this about a year ago and ended up with a Squier '51. No problem carrying it onboard every plane I've flown on, I spent $99/new for it, and I get to play a comfortable, full-size guitar in my hotel room instead of an awkward little contraption.

~Blackbelt

• Members
Originally posted by Blackbelt1

I think all of those are well over $200 new though aren't they Mr. Bonehead?

I went through this about a year ago and ended up with a Squier '51. No problem carrying it onboard every plane I've flown on, I spent $99/new for it, and I get to play a comfortable, full-size guitar in my hotel room instead of an awkward little contraption.

~Blackbelt

No. But why only new? The Hofner copies are well under $100 new. Fernandes is higher. The Epi was somewhere in the $200 range. As are the Pignoses. Chiquita sell for $200-250 used. Not sure why a used guitar wouldn't work.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

No. But why only new? The Hofner copies are well under $100 new. Fernandes is higher. The Epi was somewhere in the $200 range. As are the Pignoses. Chiquita sell for $200-250 used. Not sure why a used guitar wouldn't work.

Hofner! That was the one I couldn't remember. Those go for $79-$99 new:

Hofner Shorty Travel Guitar

~Blackbelt

• Members

Aria makes (made?) one, the AMG10 electric travel guitar. MF had them clearanced for 80.00, and after buying one, I bought a second one. They are really decent little travel guitars, especially for that price. There's a few reviews in HC's review section.

Definitly one to consider.

Archived