Would you guys buy a gibson sg or a prs ce22????

caseykey118

• Members

The Gibson will probably also hold it's value better than a foreign made PRS. While there is nothing wrong with the PRS I am a big proponent of the Gibson SG...

newgibwall.jpg

Take a hard look at the SG Classic available from Musician's Friend. A very good value in SGs and it has P90 pickups (fat single coils). Some great tones to be had in those.

Hope this helps,

-Ron

• Members

The SG is a better guitar than the CE overall, However the SG has some balance issues with the neck being as haevy as the body of the guitar. The CE is probably more versatile depending on the pick-up configuragion. Most PRS have 5 or 6 different tonal variations, whereas the SG only has 3. If you already have a strat or a tele style guitar, get the Gibson.

• Members

If it had to be my only, or my main guitar, then I would get the PRS because it covers a lot of ground. If I already had some nice guitars and just wanted another good one that didnt have to cover a lot of ground just sound good in its own right, then I would get the SG.

• Members

Another vote for the PRS.

The maple top is the kicker for me, I loves me some brightness. And we all know PRS knows how to top their guitars, even the CE models.

SG's in general seem very stiff and fumbly to me when played sitting down. Not to mention everyone with a red SG looks like they're trying to cop AC/DC.

And did someone say weak headstock joint??.. :freak:

C'mon. You know you waaaaaant it.

PRS-04CE22MplRspbrry.jpg

:D

• Members

Originally posted by Panopticon

The Ce's are American Made. Maybe he was thinking of SE.

Sorry for the "brain dump". You are correct. I was thinking of the SEs. (I would still prefer the SG though. ;) )

-Ron

Archived