When the wife lays down the law!

Mike Sr.

• Members

Since I've started playing guitar, the bedroom has been my sanctuary. My understanding was I had free run of it to do my will with my gear.

Well, about two weeks ago she brought it to my attention that she wanted the bedroom painted and wanted pretty curtains, new bed, bed spread, and a chair, and wanted my gear confined to one wall, to include my clothes dresser. She defined my gear as the TV, my stereo, my music library, gear library, back issues of magazines containing tabs I like etc. The hint of some gear should go also was mentioned. I shivered violently inside and wondered what brought about this change in heart from the love of my life for the last 28 years. Well, let me tell you I didn

• Members

Dude the Bedroom is part of my wifes part of the house....she'd be pissed if I got in the way of her flower arrangements and poofy pillows with man gear. I get the basement.....it is mine to do with as I wish.....within reason.

I still have to keep it poofy, and she picked all the colors and {censored}....but I picked the big ass couch, the big screen, the foosball, the air hockey, darts, multiple sattelite Tv's for Sunday ticket, kegerator, and sports and music related pictures/memorabilia.....my guitar gear is prominently displayed and in a state of constant readiness and I have whittled out a little corner for all of my recording gear. I love my basement and do not leave it often......you see I go to "my" basement with "my" dog to get a bit of a reprieve from my wife and "her" house and "her" son. Everybody feels like they got something of their own and is happy........although somehow I always have to take care of "her" son and she never takes care of "my" dog. :D

• Members

I just said to myself "You know, there's a huge attic up there that, with a little bit of work, would make a great studio."

I'll be damned if I wasn't right. It took me about a year total, and probably $3-4000 to go from rafters to this, but damn, it was worth it. :thu:

Computer.jpg

FromComputer.jpg

I've got a bunch of guitars in a closet, and several out on stands. I've also got my drums set up now. :thu:

• Members

I bet that's a live room. AND, if that's a silent fan you can play under it to get a nice tremelo effect. Believe you me, it sounds nice (at least with a classical)

I get to split a room with a piano, 2 couches, a massive wall-across floor-to -ceiling bookshelf (it's awesome, every book ever printed in English practically), and 3 harps, a lap-harp, celtic small harp, and a BIG lever-harp. Good thing I only have 3 guitars:(

• Members

Originally posted by The Bear

You SOBs' are killin' me.

I can't stop freakin' laughing.

No offense Mike Sr., but this is f*in' funny.

The Bear

I wanted it to be funny and we have a lot of fun.

We have a small house and no basement and 3 kids. My oldest is about to graduate from college this fall the other two are in high school and middle school. I love the size of our house because you can have your privacy, but you can

• Members

Originally posted by Prages

I just said to myself "You know, there's a huge attic up there that, with a little bit of work, would make a great studio."

I'll be damned if I wasn't right. It took me about a year total, and probably $3-4000 to go from rafters to this, but damn, it was worth it.
:thu:

Computer.jpg

FromComputer.jpg

I've got a bunch of guitars in a closet, and several out on stands. I've also got my drums set up now.

How high is your attic ceiling. I have a good size attic myself and your ceiling doesn't look that high so it's giving me ideas.

• Members

Originally posted by Mike Sr.

I wanted it to be funny and we have a lot of fun.

We have a small house and no basement and 3 kids. My oldest is about to graduate from college this fall the other two are in high school and middle school. I love the size of our house because you can have your privacy, but you can

• Members

Nice Job

I have about a 1900 square foot house (open rambler style), but it's divided up into a few larger rooms. That makes interior decorating very hard for a GAS'r.

My bedroom has many guitars up against a wall, in a corner, on top of a amoire and filling up a sauna.

There's a Vox Pathfinder next to my side of the bed and a dead Fender Super 112 in the bedroom alcove.

The living room has only one guitar stand, but three guitar cases right now laying in front of the big screen TV (my new Fenders).

I have five amps in the living room (one I'm storing for my son)

The dining area off of the LR has two small amps (one of those also belongs to my son) sitting next to an oriental credeza.

In the guest bedroom there's about 2 or 3 guitars in there right now with 2 amps, a Roland JC120 and a bass amp.

And at this moment, the master bathroom has a Gibson Les Paul Junior Special on a stand and a Roland Micro Cube. That makes the time pass very quickly.

But sometimes I'm thoughtful and I coil up the cables. :D

Second marriage is much more pliable than my first. :thu:

But seriously, I am trying to figure out a stacking method for the bedroom wall. I'll have to think about the horizontal shelving.

But what I'd really like to do is build a case with glass sliding doors that would hold 2 layers of guitars upright and about 25 across.

I can visualize it, but I'm no carpenter.:(

• Members

I'll be damned if I wasn't right.

http://thewindtunnel.com/GuitarPics/StudioPics/FromComputer.jpg

I've got a bunch of guitars in a closet, and several out on stands. I've also got my drums set up now.

Congrats!

And...you've got the good sofa going on, so that's a plus. :D

• Members

I'll be damned if I wasn't right. It took me about a year total, and probably $3-4000 to go from rafters to this, but damn, it was worth it.

Computer.jpg

FromComputer.jpg

thats very cool.

i love the old beat up couch, it adds a certain nuance

• Members

I like the wire shelves. I might try those for my cases. The missus was thinking of making one of our spare bedrooms into a walk in closet, since she already has some clothes racks in there.

I get 6 feet of closet space among all our bedrooms. She gets 30 :mad:

• Members

Computer.jpg

FromComputer.jpg

You suck. I officially hate you.

Sorry, had to let that out. My attic is huge but the beams cross all over the place and more than one contractor has told me I can't change it for structural reasons. That's what I get for buying a 150 year old house.

• Members

Originally posted by Mike Sr.

Since I've started playing guitar, the bedroom has been my sanctuary. My understanding was I had free run of it to do my will with my gear.

Well, about two weeks ago she brought it to my attention that she wanted the bedroom painted and wanted pretty curtains, new bed, bed spread, and a chair, and wanted my gear confined to one wall, to include my clothes dresser. She defined my gear as the TV, my stereo, my music library, gear library, back issues of magazines containing tabs I like etc. The hint of some gear should go also was mentioned. I shivered violently inside and wondered what brought about this change in heart from the love of my life for the last 28 years. Well, let me tell you I didn

Archived