• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Snowcow

Amen
:)

+1 Original is the way to go.

One time I was playing an original of mine on a nice Fender American Tele one day, I was thinking of buying the guitar at the time. Actually, the only reason I played those songs was to see if they would sound good with a Tele. Well, the salesguy came up and said that he thought the songs would sound great through some other guitars, and that he thought that Teles were one of the worst guitars designed. I picked up the tele and went at him like a lumberjack on crack. After the viscious beating I smeared his blood all over the tele and then began doing a Mexican Hat Dance over his corpse. Fender saw that the blood on the tele actually made a great color and promptly released the Fiesta Red that so many of us are fond of.

• Members

Originally posted by fifteen90

i like to go in, leave the amp unplugged, and start mashing on the high frets while screaming, "MEEDLY MEEDLY MEEDLY MEEEEEE!!!"

Don't forgot to mix it up with some of your basic rythm guitar like jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jugga JAH JAH jiggidy jug jigga jug jigga jug jugga jug jugga JAH JAAH!

• Members

I actually don't have a go to song-just whatever comes to mind. It sucks when nothing comes to mind though. Sometimes you just don't feel like performing for a whole store-I like it better when they have little rooms you can go into that are quiet so you can actually hear the tone.

• Members

the second solo to mr crowley from the tribute album
dee from the tribute album
crazy train solo

over the hills and far away zep
little wing intro hendrix
rock version of the unplugged Layla solo
Proud Mary solo
Since I've Been Loving You zep
Red House hendrix

and for good measure...and check for the guitar's willingness to comply...I play some cleverly devised complex chord progressions...

I used to play some of this {censored} just to see if it would annoy the guys at GC...but once I started working there...I realized what I was playing was a treat compared to the guys that come in and shred on a muffled SS hardcore head with a cheap Ibanez...so now I need to revise my riffing...oh well

• Members

Originally posted by Devinstation

+1 Original is the way to go.

One time I was playing an original of mine on a nice Fender American Tele one day, I was thinking of buying the guitar at the time. Actually, the only reason I played those songs was to see if they would sound good with a Tele. Well, the salesguy came up and said that he thought the songs would sound great through some other guitars, and that he thought that Teles were one of the worst guitars designed. I picked up the tele and went at him like a lumberjack on crack. After the viscious beating I smeared his blood all over the tele and then began doing a Mexican Hat Dance over his corpse. Fender saw that the blood on the tele actually made a great color and promptly released the Fiesta Red that so many of us are fond of.

YOU

ARE

SUPERCALLIPHRADGILISTICALLY AWESOME!

I play Red House at a sane tempo, Scarrborough Fair clean at psycho hand-cramp inducing levels, and procede to play a bunch of stuff that (for me) is technically demanding and thus requires a good instrument. I procede to play with my teeth to induce a 50% markdown:D

• Members

Originally posted by AmpegJoe

Don't forgot to mix it up with some of your basic rythm guitar like jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jugga JAH JAH jiggidy jug jigga jug jigga jug jugga jug jugga JAH JAAH!

Ooooooh baracuda...

• Members

Funny,

Last time I was in a guitar store. (Small one) there was a young sales guy in there who immediately recognized everything I was doing and started either singing or mouthing the next part of the song progression.

I mean it's flattering and embarrassing at the same time.

I started off with the chord progression to "Free Bird"

Then to "Dust in the Wind" finger picking arpegio

Then to Zep's "Over the Hills and Far Away".

I guess the embarrassing part comes when my riffology ends and the guys is singing along and the song is supposed to continue, but I'm like "done man"!

My favorite riff of all time if from the Hollies, "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress".

Vintage and Hot! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by xbryanx

lost syphonies by saosin is always a good one

+1 saosin perfected (FWIW) the metalcore riff, and theyre fun to play. i would never want to be in one of those bands though, no one takes the ---0-8-7-- {censored} seriously. but theyre fun to listen to

Archived