Since a lot of you like free guitar scams...here's one for a free Gibson SG Standard!

Dean Medlock

• Members

Originally posted by sja

Well... I did it....and I got my SG yesterday. I started doing the offers on Dec 11th 2005.

Ok I'll give it a try... can you please post details on exactly how you did it? Step-by-step including your cancellation timetables, refunds you applied for, and anything else you did to get your costs down to ~$250.

• Members
Originally posted by guitarkid13

i mean i just play, win, X out of the popup and repeat until more bored than when started

You mean the games in banner ads? Yeah, i like those. I just wish they gave you ten shots to squash the roach or whatever before it brought up the link instead of immediately. But then i guess that's not really their aim. ;)

Re the OP, sounds a lot like those pyramid schemes that go on all the time (the ones you see ads for selling links to all over ebay - wish ebay would do something about that, have you ever tried to search for an ipod on ebay only to discover 80% of the auctions are for links to "place where you can get an ipod for free!"). Some people do get their item from those if they are at the top of the list, but it's so reliant on other people signing up that somebody *always* loses out.

• Members

Originally posted by baj2k

Ok I'll give it a try... can you please post details on exactly how you did it? Step-by-step including your cancellation timetables, refunds you applied for, and anything else you did to get your costs down to ~$250.

I dug up the list of offers I did.. I'll share it below. Let me preface by saying that I'd do a LOT of stuff different if I had to do it over again. Also... I believe these companies rotate the offers from month to month, so you might not be able to get in on the same ones. What you wanna do is check out this forum: http://www.scam.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

These people are free gift site experts. They'll tell you the cheapest and easiest offers to do and they stay very current on the stuff (I did my stuff back in Dec).

12-11-05

1.MBNA Credit Card

2.Citbank Credit Card protection CANCELLED Jan 5

3.Rhapsody 14 day trial.. Need to CANCELLED 12-12-05

4. Stamps.com membership Cancelled

5. Freebidding.com cost $5.95 CANCELLED 12-12-05

6. Bargain Home Networks: Cost $9.95 CANCELLED 12-19-05

7. MyDailyDose $5.95 Free Trial..

8. PetChews $5.95 Free Trial..

9. MiracleBurn $5.95 Free Trial

10. DirectWines $134.99

11. DiscoverCard Gas Card..

12. Longevity Auto ORder... $44.99 cancelled -34.95 credit

13. Oreix (penis {censored}) $55.54 cancelled -49.59 credit

14. Citbank Drivers Edge Card Approved

15. Earthlink unlimited dial-up $9.95

16. OnlineBusiness $39.99 CANCELLED (was never charged $39)

17. south beach online CANCELLED 12/20/05 cost $20

18. Citibank Diamond Dividends card MUST USE A PURCHASE

Some of the offers I don't have cancellation dates for. That means I cancelled and or sent them back for credit on the day I received them.

Looking back, this was a pain in the ass... but it was totally worth it when I got my SG.

• Members

I'm embarrassed to say, I started on this yesterday. I ordered the penis pills, the home buying search, applied for a credit card, signed up for Netflix and BMG Music and some other crap I've already forgotten.

Bottom line, in one day, I'm already halfway there. I have to complete 8 more offers on Page 3 and I'm done. Not a lot to choose from on Page 3 so it looks like I'll be applying for 5 CitiBank cards. Still, if you keep your stuff straight and cancel everything, most I'm going to be out is about $250.

This better work!

• Members

Originally posted by matt_t

I'm embarrassed to say, I started on this yesterday. I ordered the penis pills, the home buying search, applied for a credit card, signed up for Netflix and BMG Music and some other crap I've already forgotten.

Bottom line, in one day, I'm already halfway there. I have to complete 8 more offers on Page 3 and I'm done. Not a lot to choose from on Page 3 so it looks like I'll be applying for 5 CitiBank cards. Still, if you keep your stuff straight and cancel everything, most I'm going to be out is about $250.

This better work!

Haha I know what you mean.. when I first started doing the offers I felt downright DIRTY. Nothing like whoring out your good name for a guitar!

Did you do the offers on page 3 first? That's what I woulda done if I was gonna do it over again. That way you can pick up some of easy offers from page 3 that are also on the first two pages.

One more tip... some offers didn't automatically credit even after I completed them. I had to wait 30 days after I signed up then I had to call the onlinerewardcenter people (the # is on their webpage). I told them the offers that hadn't credited then I faxed them the confirmation emails from said offers. The next day the offers where creditied and I got my 'gift' confirmation when I logged on. After mailing that in, the guitar shipped and was at more door in like 6 business days.

You won't have to sweat the process like I did though... its for real and you will get your guitar. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

• Members
Originally posted by sja

SgCase2.jpg

SgCase1.jpg

SGHang.jpg

One of the offers I did was for Orexis.. and Longevity.. and a couple other lameo supplement things. As soon as I received them and the offers credited, I just shipped em back and got refunded. This whole deal took a lot of discipline. You need to keep strict records of the offers so you know what needs to be returned when and what needs cancelled when and {censored}. Its not for everyone. But it got me a $1200 guitar for around $200... I never could have come up with that kinda dosh.

And yes I did the 357 offer too. Got the gift certs. Still waiting on the diecast. I'll post pictures of my Bullseye when I get it in March.

Slightly of topic here, but where did you get that pretty red guitar strap? It looks like it's got some kind of black backing on it: what is that made of?

Oh, nice guitar BTW :D

• Members
Originally posted by J.B. Lee

Slightly of topic here, but where did you get that pretty red guitar strap? It looks like it's got some kind of black backing on it: what is that made of?

Oh, nice guitar BTW
:D

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Accessories?sku=361700

I have them for all my guitars. Can't beat the price and they snap onto the hanger so no need from strap locks.

• Members

I used your name as a referal when i joined scams.com. +1 for you :thu:

Originally posted by sja

I dug up the list of offers I did.. I'll share it below. Let me preface by saying that I'd do a LOT of stuff different if I had to do it over again. Also... I believe these companies rotate the offers from month to month, so you might not be able to get in on the same ones. What you wanna do is check out this forum:
http://www.scam.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

These people are free gift site experts. They'll tell you the cheapest and easiest offers to do and they stay very current on the stuff (I did my stuff back in Dec).

12-11-05

1.MBNA Credit Card

2.Citbank Credit Card protection CANCELLED Jan 5

3.Rhapsody 14 day trial.. Need to CANCELLED 12-12-05

4. Stamps.com membership Cancelled

5. Freebidding.com cost $5.95 CANCELLED 12-12-05

6. Bargain Home Networks: Cost $9.95 CANCELLED 12-19-05

7. MyDailyDose $5.95 Free Trial..

8. PetChews $5.95 Free Trial..

9. MiracleBurn $5.95 Free Trial

10. DirectWines $134.99

11. DiscoverCard Gas Card..

12. Longevity Auto ORder... $44.99 cancelled -34.95 credit

13. Oreix (penis {censored}) $55.54 cancelled -49.59 credit

14. Citbank Drivers Edge Card Approved

15. Earthlink unlimited dial-up $9.95

16. OnlineBusiness $39.99 CANCELLED (was never charged $39)

17. south beach online CANCELLED 12/20/05 cost $20

18. Citibank Diamond Dividends card MUST USE A PURCHASE

Some of the offers I don't have cancellation dates for. That means I cancelled and or sent them back for credit on the day I received them.

Looking back, this was a pain in the ass... but it was totally worth it when I got my SG.

• Members

Unfortunately, I started on page 1 and the wines weren't an option. I'm going to be deluged with penis pills, fatburners and some sort of longevity drug. I'm 34, I weigh no more than 165 and I haven't had any trouble with the nether regions, so everything goes back!

I did get some nice ties and a ton of CD's I'd been wanting though! After two days, I've completed all but 4 of the offers. Really hard to decide which of the four crap offers on page 3 I'm going to do.

I'll certainly post pics of it when it finally gets here!

• Members

It takes like 4 months or somthing doesnt it?

On the scams.com forum i see alot of people who claim to of won the guitar but i never see any real proof.

The guy in this thread has proof that he has an SG but he has another one wich makes me think he has the money to buy one so why do the scam thing when he has already shelled out enough to get his first one?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived