2nd reference set - B&W 601,602,603

• Members

I want to improve my mastering and mixing so am looking into a 2nd set of speakers to compliment my Yammi HS80's. I can afford a 2nd hand set of B&W 601, 602 or 603's. Has anyone used these speakers for real world translations or mastering. If anyone knows any other speakers i should check out i am very open to options?

• Members

I recently purchased a pair of B&W 685's for my studio after a friend of mine who is a fairly accomplished producer recommended them and I couldn't be happier. I wanted to either get a pair of new 685's or second-hand 602's because they're discontinued, but couldn't find 602's here in South Africa.

I can hear things that I've never heard before, making mixing decisions much, much easier. I read in one review where a guy said he could hear the saliva in a trumpet player's mouthpiece and I believe it.

I still listen to my mixes on other systems, but it only takes minor tweaking if I've gotten it right on these.

• Members

Kool i definitely can get access to a pair of 602's so from what ive read i will probably purchase these the 685's seem amazing but are out of my budget at the moment and thanks for the replies. MY Yammi's are great for EQ adjustments and spacing in that sence they are really clear but i feel sometimes the transients are not as sensitive as i would like.

• Members

What monitors please list all.

some decent stuff, Classic Klipsch, 3d accoustics, and alot of junk Pc speakers, JVC speakers, Sony bookshelfs etc.

Listen on a broad range of stuff. I am getting fiarly comfortable with the 3d accoustics and a set of customer made Mastering monitors I got at a estate closing for a former recording engineer who used to work at motown records.

Just get alot of sources and try to have a good pair.

I am looking at those BW speakers and they look like nice pieces

Have you looked at the Adam An7 passives ?

• Members

I have a pair of B&W602's as my home stereo speakers with Rotel preamp/amp. I like them, although I'm not enough of a connoisseur to talk about the fine points or make comparisons to other speakers. I have read others saying that they're excellent speakers.

Archived