Les Paul Double Cut Studio With 24 Frets

patrickgibson

• Members

DC2.jpg

DC1.jpg

When I originally purchased this Les Paul, it had a wrap around bridge with no way to adjusting intonations on the A to B strings. I took my Double Cut to be worked on and the repairman suggested this bridge as a replacement. I wish I knew the brand of the bridge. This made all the strings sound stronger.

The tone is no where as deep as a Les Paul Standard or Classic guitar, this guitar has a beautiful and more versatile sound. This guitar is fun to play and is my only 24 fret guitar. Its lightweight has an advantage. It gives me an alternative from my regular Gibson or Stratocaster.

I wanted to post this on the Gibson forum, then Les Paul Forum. Both Forums are not taking new members.

• Members

Originally posted by patrickgibson

DC2.jpg

DC1.jpg

When I originally purchased this Les Paul, it had a wrap around bridge with no way to adjusting intonations on the A to B strings. I took my Double Cut to be worked on and the repairman suggested this bridge as a replacement. I wish I knew the brand of the bridge. This made all the strings sound stronger.

The tone is no where as deep as a Les Paul Standard or Classic guitar, this guitar has a beautiful and more versatile sound. This guitar is fun to play and is my only 24 fret guitar. Its lightweight has an advantage. It gives me an alternative from my regular Gibson or Stratocaster.

I wanted to post this on the Gibson forum, then Les Paul Forum. Both Forums are not taking new members.

The Gibson forum isn't taking new members? I find that incredibly odd. I'm a member of it (even though I don't post there), and I had no problems signing up.

Double cut LP's are awesome. :thu: I've been GAS'ing for one for quite some time. I'm not crazy about wrap around bridges, which is why the newer models appeal to me more.

273935.jpg

• Members

The Gibson forum isn't taking new members? I find that incredibly odd. I'm a member of it (even though I don't post there), and I had no problems signing up

It is true. I even sent customer service an e-mail listing the three gibson I owned with serial number and pleading to allow me join.

It was like talking to a wall.

• Members

The Gibson forum isn't taking new members? I find that incredibly odd. I'm a member of it (even though I don't post there), and I had no problems signing up

It is true. I even sent customer service an e-mail listing the three gibson I owned with serial number and pleading to allow me join.

It was like talking to a wall.

Wtf... I just clicked on the forum thing, and signed up. LOL And I only own one Gibson. :p

• Members

Nice guitar there. I've been eyeing those for a while. Looking to score one for cheap. I see them hovering around $600-$800 depending on the finish.

That is about the price range to purchase a used one. A friend of mine jammed with it and thought I paid in the 1,000 plus range. The quality for the price made him wish he owned one.

• Members

Nice guitar there. I've been eyeing those for a while. Looking to score one for cheap. I see them hovering around $600-$800 depending on the finish.

That is about the price range to purchase a used one. A friend of mine jammed with it and thought I paid in the 1,000 plus range. The quality for the price made him wish he owned one.

If you just click quote, it'll do all that for ya. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by FuelGTRX

That bridge is kind of clunky, but hey, if the does the job for you, more power to ya
:thu:

I like the TonePros AVT II a bit more. It's less cumbersome and pretty sleek looking:

TPAVT-II.jpg

Thanks for the information.

That was the only bridge available at the store. I thought it was bulky too, but the beautiful tone made me forget about that.

Maybe I might purchase this bridge in the future but I have an SG Standard and Les Paul Classic to practice and jam and I love my Double Cut as it sounds

Archived