New Lightweight Agile al3000 Les Paul!!!

aerorockjax

• Members

Rondo Doesn't have these but it would kick ass if they did! These are very good specs:

Designed as a step-up model from the AL-2800 and AL-2500, the AL-3000 Prestige includes many important upgrades!

# Solid lightweight mahogany (not a multi-ply!) arch top body

# Triple bound body, and headstock. Single binding on neck.

# Improved Nickel plate hardware, including Nickel die-cast Grover tuners with 18-1 turning ratio for ultra fine tuning (Model 102-18N)

# Two Type V Alnico humbucker pickups for warm, tradional sound

# The AL-3000 now comes with improved wiring (single conductor braided 18 gauge American wire for pickups), improved pots (now higher voltage with brass shafts for reduced noise) and an improved pickup selector switch

# Two volume and two tone controls, plus a three way pickup selector switch

# One piece Mahogany set long tennon neck with 13.7" (350mm) radius neck for fast play and adjustable truss rod

# Ebony fretboard with 22 Medium Jumbo stainless steel frets, Plek job/set up and real Abalone Trapezodial inlays

# The AL-3000 features GHS strings installed at the factory and a professionally cut bone nut

# A pre-cut graphtech nut is also included in the bag with the trus rod adjuster for those who prefer graphtech

# Individually hand filed frets for professional feel and playability

# Width of the neck at the nut: 1 11/16"; at the 21st fret: 2 3/16"

# Neck taper/thickness at the 1st fret: 21.5 mm; at the 12th fret: 23.5mm

# Overall length: 40"; Scale length: 24.7"

# Body thickness: 2" at edge; Width at the widest point: 13"

# Bridge pole spacing is 3", and the Tail piece pole spacing is 3 1/4"

# Actual Weight is only 8.5 lbs

al3000bk1.jpg

al3000bk5a.jpg

Price $399

• Members

Where is this? I've checked the Rondo site and Rondo's ebay auctions, and I'm not seeing it. Having said for some time that I'd get an Agile if they would only (1) make them in a lighter weight and (2) go to a 1 11/16" nut width, I feel morally obligated to buy one of these guitars. Too bad I'm dead-flat broke at the moment.

BTW, I don't believe that this is spam. There are plenty of Agile fans here, and the posted specs represent an upgrade to an already-popular model. Unless aerorockjax actually is a Rondo employee (and if he is, he's got a heck of a commute from Florida to New Jersey), there's nothing wrong with this thread.

• Members

Originally posted by jeffcoop

Where is this? I've checked the Rondo site and Rondo's ebay auctions, and I'm not seeing it. Having said for some time that I'd get an Agile if they would only (1) make them in a lighter weight and (2) go to a 1 11/16" nut width, I feel morally obligated to buy one of these guitars. Too bad I'm dead-flat broke at the moment.

Same here. The site still says 10 lbs., 1-5/8" at the nut, no mention of Plek, and they're only $369.95. Does this guy know the secret password or something?

D

• Members

Originally posted by aerorockjax

Nope, I don't work for Rondo. As i said at beginning of thread "OK, not really" pretty much gives away that there is no such guitar at Rondo. Hopefully they will offer it soon so I can buy one (or two). These would be killer specs!

That's kind of a dick thing to do. You have no business representing Rondo's products.

:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by Mighty Coogna!

That's kind of a dick thing to do. You have no business representing Rondo's products.

:mad:

Yeah, i can be a dick, so what can you do? :D I almost put "(just kidding)" in the title. In anycase, posting all the specs as they would be on the site if they offered it now was the idea which fully illustrates what i'd love to see offered at Rondo. :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by aerorockjax

Yeah, i can be a dick, so what can you do?
:D
I almost put "(just kidding)" in the title. In anycase, posting all the specs as they would be on the site if they offered it now was the idea which fully illustrates what i'd love to see offered at Rondo.
:wave:

Just save some cash and buy a real Les Paul instead of dreaming of the ultimate Agile which is still a piece of shit Agile.

• Members

Originally posted by markas214

Just save some cash and buy a real Les Paul instead of dreaming of the ultimate Agile which is still a piece of {censored} Agile.

save some cash...by buying a 3,000 dollar guitar in place of a 400 dollar one...lets pretend this doesnt make sense...

• Members

So you want a $300 fretjob on a $400 guitar.

I dont believe there are currently any mass manufactured (or even small manufactured) korean guitars with that option (actualy not even sure if there are any japanese). Agile does not own a factory, they just buy from a mass producer. So you want them to retrofit a completely new construction process for a small time company.... and then expect the company to still charge $400?

Is it just me or is this grossly unrealistic?... and if youre gonna be so picky about frets you'd think that you would be at least more discerning about the guitar:freak:

Most guys that hardup about these things would usualy play no less than an Anderson, Suhr etc:freak:

Other than the unrealistic fret demands, the rest seems fine, but would raise costs to about $550+ since what you are asking for isnt common practice for most mass manufactured budget MIK's.:)

If you want to see specs like this available from small time business like Rondo. Petition larger companies which have much more influence where these units are being built... so that it becomes common practice. I dont think they would suddenly change their ways to appease a small american retailer. Try Samick, Cort, etc......

• Members

Originally posted by kimbal

Wow, stainless frets and a plek, wow ! A plek job alone cost around $200.00, damn !
:thu:

If it really cost $200 to run a guitar through a plek machine I doubt Wechter would sell their most innexpesive guitar model for $219. Maybe before they had the plek machine those were priced at $19?! :rolleyes: I stand corrected if that was the case though. A set of stainless steel frets won't cost more then $20 more compared to ns.

Archived