Question about compatibility between programs

• Members

.wav files, one per track, all starting at time 0, are the universal language of DAW software

Beat me to it. And if you need effects to go over to the other DAW, simply record all the effects (delays, reverbs, flanges, whatever) on to tracks as well as doing the above, including them all in one session / folder. I'd also recommend that you actually label them instead of having WAV files that say "Audio 01", "Audio 02" and so forth.

• Members

.wav files, one per track, all starting at time 0, are the universal language of DAW software

Bingo.

You can also print your effects to tracks if you have something you dont want to have to reproduce later (reverb busses, etc.)

The old KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) principle always works the best....

• Members

I'm not familiar with Beatcraft. If it's anything like Pro Tools, you'd make a common selection across all the tracks, consolidate that selection, and export your newly consolidated tracks. Consolidation may be what Mixcraft calls "joining sounds" at the bottom of this page:

http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/v4/help/hs860.htm

I would actually skip printing effects at this stage unless they're integral to the part. You'll probably want to print any virtual instrument tracks, though.

Archived