Frontier Designs AlphaTrack users....problems?

• Members

Hey guys, I know this isn't a tech support forum, but there is very little info out there in google-land...anyone use a Frontier Designs AlphaTrack in their studio? I just got one this weekend and the motorized fader is not responding whatsoever. Everything is done right in Sonar 8.5, the drivers are up to date and the surface is recognized in the program. The transport controls even work, but the fader is going wacko. It even makes noises when the DAW isn't loaded and its just plugged in, constantly making a "clicking" sound...is my alphatrack fried?

Yup - I'd definitely recommend taking it back to the dealer you got it from for an excahnge.

I have one here - it's an outstanding and very useful unit, and it has been trouble free for me, so hopefully you just got a rare defective one - it happens sometimes, even with the best of companies.

If the replacement has "issues" too, then I'd start to worry about a system issue or whatever, but chances are great that if you exchange it, your issues will go away.

Best of luck, and please let us know how it works out. :wave:

Archived