Help me (Mbox2 content).

• Members

Brand new to DAW recording, I found a deal on a Mbox 2 with M-Audio monitors and the Factory Studio Bundle for a crazy low price but it has no Pro Tools software. I have a copy of Cubase and I also have downloaded Audacity. Can I use the Mbox with these or do I need Protools? I am using a PC with 750 gig harddrive and 4 gigs Ram. I REALLY need an answer by tommorrow if possible as I'm supposed to buy the Mbox tommorrow afternoon.

Thanks a ton!!

• Members

You can use it with other software, but you'll still need to at least d/l the stand-alone drivers from Avid's website. However are you buying this new or used? Either way you should get software with it, as it is "included free" with the interface. I'm assuming used since you think you don't get it. If that's the case I'm pretty sure if get the seller to submit a "transfer of ownership" form, available from Avid's website, you'll get Pro Tools LE. Which is what I would try to do.

Great answer CME. :cool:

If you want to use the MBox with Cubase or Audacity, you will need to download and install the ASIO drivers for the MBox interface. You can get those for free right here.

But definitely try to look into CME's suggestion about getting the seller to give you a transfer of ownership. If you can get that, then you'll be able to get the Pro Tools LE software from Avid / Digidesign.

• Members

Yeah. I kinda ran into that once. Actually just now realized a transfer of ownership might work in my case. I bought a floor unit 002 from Guitar Center. They said they'd mail me the registration stuff, as they couldn't locate it that day, but I never got it. It's never been an issue as I have an Mbox, so I've had the software available, but if I ever decide to get rid of one it would be best to have my ducks in a row.

Archived