How many people use Monster cables

EdMan63

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do, despite what I hear about the business practices these cables are the best. I have 2 21 Foot Instrument Cables and a 6 Foot Speaker Cable. The Instrument cables survived being in a basement with 4 inches of water (they were left on the ground). And with a little drying they still work perfectly as the wires are protected.

As soon as I heard about our practice space being flooded I called them and without any doubt they gave me an item number to send in with the cables and they would have shipped replacements right out to me.

• Members

I use Monster and George L's. But, yeah, there are several good cable brands out there.

But as for Monster being a rip-off.....well, I've had numerous cables go bad over the years. Only one was a Monster. And the reason it went bad is because my dog chewed it in half. Guess what? I took the nasty Monster cable into the great satan GC and got it replaced, no questions asked.

That was about two years ago, not sure if their policies have changed since.

• Members

Originally posted by Mllerrin

I do, despite what I hear about the business practices these cables are the best. I have 2 21 Foot Instrument Cables and a 6 Foot Speaker Cable. The Instrument cables survived being in a basement with 4 inches of water (they were left on the ground). And with a little drying they still work perfectly as the wires are protected.

As soon as I heard about our practice space being flooded I called them and without any doubt they gave me an item number to send in with the cables and they would have shipped replacements right out to me.

That's awesome. So they were definitely worth the price.

• Members

I have several Monster Cables as well. Monster Jazz from my my pedal board to my amp. Studio Pro 1000 from my guitar to my pedalboard(this is a heavy cable but I love the way it sounds). Monster Mic cables, and a couple of Rock cables. Only one rock cable went bad after it accidently got slammed in a heavy door. It was replaced no problem.

Mike

• Members

I was having a lot of problems with one of my many many many many guitars, my ESP "the Eclipse , it would crackle pop so loud I thought it would blow my amp. I thought it had to at least be a bad input socket problem if not some other problem with the active EMGs.

But recently I bought a Planet Waves cable and happened to dig the ESP back out for a visiting stepson, and with the Planet Waves cable, the problem is gone.

There's still probably a problem with a slutty input jack (I bought this guitar used so I have no idea exactly of this sultry sluts dirty dirty little past), but that Planet Waves compression spring seems to have cured the problem for now. In fact the one thing I don't like about the PW cable is you do have to give it a mighty tug to pull it back out of the hole. I'm afraid that after all my girls have had the Planet Waves jack, there ain't no going back! Nothing else will be tight enough! :D

I do like the cut switch on the PW cables. But some day I should try a Monster. I bought a ton of that crap 5 years ago when I was setting up my AV system. I never did figure out if it was wise and hi fi, or just being a sucker.

• Members

Originally posted by EdMan63

I use them almost exclusively however I'm sure there are many good cables. Just wondering what the forumites use and do you think Monster is overrated or worth the price.

i've got some, but they're not exclusively used in my rig.

i have one curly bullet cable in front, then 6 Planet Waves patch cords, then a regular ProCo going into an Ampeg, and a Monster going into my marshall.

Monster's lifetime warranty makes them worth the money, i think.

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

Monster's lifetime warranty makes them worth the money, i think.

I agree - I got 2 back in 1999, still have 2 -- each has been replaced, no problem

a friend gave me a monster speaker cable last year - haven't replaced it yet

I haven't spent a dime on cables since 1999 :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by RudeMood

I just upgraded to Monster cables last month. They are overpriced for cables...but you're buying a lifetime warranty too...and that makes it a smart decision in my book.

You guys that have bought them, do you hear much diff in tone? If so, how?

• Members

Originally posted by Summer Breeze!

I use only George L's and love them, plus you tell people that you have George L's cables.
:cool:

I used to use George L's as a regular guitar cable, but I would get really annoyed with how twisted and tangled they tend to get, so I switched to a regular guitar cable (too cheap to get a Monster at the time), and I bought some extra George L plugs and cut up the cable so I can use it for my pedals. That is one thing I really love about George L's.

I've been looking at Monstering up my amps at the practice space. That room is 60 cycle central. Having everything on in there makes it sound like we're practicing in a {censored}ing bee-hive. :mad:

Archived