The Screamin' Monkey

burton4snow

• Members
Originally posted by NappyDugOut

bm.jpg
Use the BM as a boost at the end of your chain,with the gain on "0", then set your SB to taste but again gain set to "0".

is that a keeley modified bd-2? :love:

I plan on getting one sometime in my life, but a keeley modded ts-9 plus is first on my list, then a fuzz factory. nice OD pedals though!

• Members
Originally posted by ZeppelinPie792

is that a keeley modified bd-2?
:love:

I plan on getting one sometime in my life, but a keeley modded ts-9 plus is first on my list, then a fuzz factory. nice OD pedals though!

Yeah..The BD-2 and TS-9 are Keeleys. I was doing a bit of comparison. The best combination turned out to be the BM into the TS-9. The best single was the Keeley BD-2. The Screamin' Blues is a great pedal, but when you have a Keeley BD-2 also it takes second place as best BLUE colored overdrive:D

• Members

Originally posted by RudeMood

How do the Bad Monkey and the Screamin' Blues compare?

The SB has more gain on tap and no mid hump, but the BM (in my opinion) is the better pedal, it make everything soo smooth and Bluesy! If you could only get one, get the BM, but for the price get both and use the BM as a boost:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by NappyDugOut

The SB has more gain on tap and no mid hump, but the BM (in my opinion) is the better pedal, it make everything soo smooth and Bluesy! If you could only get one, get the BM, but for the price get both and use the BM as a boost:thu:

Cool. Thanks. I've got the BM already. Just curious. Might buy a second BM someday.

• Members

I don't have the Bad Monkey but I do run a Screamin' Blues after my Keeley/Ibanez TS-9. Even though the SB has more gain available than a Bad Monkey (I tried them out), I like the SB for slight break-up. I has a nice shimmery quality to it, almost like an exciter.

I owned a Keeley/Boss BD-2 and sent it back, I found it too buzzy for me, I like the Digitech SB much better. But the Keeley/Boss BD-2 obviously work for a lot of people, maybe it just didn't work with my rig.

All the Boss stuff in the pic is Keeley modded except the PS-5 and GT-3:
pedalboard10206.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by orourke

I don't have the Bad Monkey but I do run a Screamin' Blues after my Keeley/Ibanez TS-9. Even though the SB has more gain available than a Bad Monkey (I tried them out), I like the SB for slight break-up. I has a nice shimmery quality to it, almost like an exciter.

I owned a Keeley/Boss BD-2 and sent it back, I found it too buzzy for me, I like the Digitech SB much better. But the Keeley/Boss BD-2 obviously work for a lot of people, maybe it just didn't work with my rig.

All the Boss stuff in the pic is Keeley modded except the PS-5 and GT-3:

pedalboard10206.jpg

Nice board:thu: The only problem with it is.....................................................................it's not mine:cry:

Archived