Carvin guitars

mysterybat35

• Members

I have an SC90S, had it since mid-2003, and it's friggin great. I didn't get many options partly because I wanted to keep it under a grand but mostly because I generally like my guitars to be simple.

My experiences:
When I first got it, the output jack and the pickup switch needed tightening. One time the output jack was cutting in/out and making scratchy noises, but a little contact cleaner took care of that lickitty split. Easy fixes, therefore I consider them non-issues IMO. Other than that, great sounding and great looking guitar. :thu:

As far as customer service, it's hit or miss. When I ordered my guitar, they seemed pretty good about it, answering my questions and taking care of any issues I had. But one time I needed a replacement part for my speaker cab, and it damn near took an act of Congress to finally get it, and they sent me two, one of which evidently was supposed to go to someone else! :eek::D

And if there's one thing that I have to say about Carvins, it's this: be very careful about what options you pick. It's really really easy to end up with one ugly ass guitar. I consider myself one of the very lucky ones. I'd post a pic, but I don't have the technology. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived