Preventing Sweaty Hands.

Clarknova

• Members

I was just wondering if anyone out there has found a way of preventing there hands from getting too sweaty when playing their guitars.

When I was sixteen I used baby powder, but that left my rosewood fret board with bits of powder in the cracks.

Anyone got any other useful ideas?

• Members

my friend Larry used to have really acidic sweat on his hands... used to break strings left and right...

make sure to wash your hands before playing, and afterwards, wipe down your strings with a rag with abit of rubbing alcohol on it. Keep an eye on your fretboard that it doesn't dry out from the alcohol though - lemon oil will fix that easy enough.

When I was in my 20s I used to sweat alot - now that I'm in my late 30s, I don't sweat nearly as much... maybe it's a hormonal thing? :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by Clarknova

I was just wondering if anyone out there has found a way of preventing there hands from getting too sweaty when playing their guitars.

When I was sixteen I used baby powder, but that left my rosewood fret board with bits of powder in the cracks.

Anyone got any other useful ideas?

Keep a towel in your pocket, or somewhere close. Whenever you can take a few seconds, wipe your hands dry.

• Members
Originally posted by Forbidden

Cut your hands off.

genius!:D
I have sweaty hands, too, and I break strings even with StringSaver saddles. I buy strings from WebStrings so I don't have to worry about costing so much to replace them every time any more. it still sucks when that happens on stage.

• Members
Originally posted by metronumb

It looks as if the audience could care less about the band playing.

They were actually not a bad crowd. They stayed out there in the cold until the entire band was too drunk to stand. :o They even made a little bit of noise from time to time. That's about the most my band can ask for. :D

• Members

Originally posted by walfordr

How close?

2.63 metres from the leftmost tube in your amp, as well as 5.001 metres from your third string, 9th fret, and about .75 metres from the floor your're on, as long as that distance doesn't interfere with the feng shui arrangement of the stage.

Of course, if you don't have a tube amp, the distances are all completely different, and require complex mathematical formulas.

• Members
Originally posted by bubkus_jones

2.63 metres from the leftmost tube in your amp, as well as 5.001 metres from your third string, 9th fret, and about .75 metres from the floor your're on, as long as that distance doesn't interfere with the feng shui arrangement of the stage.

You'll ruin your tone putting it that close to the leftmost tube. You need at least 3.72 meters clearance (that's a little over 12 feet for us silly Yanks). :thu:

• Members

If you have sweaty hands, you probably also sweat a lot from say your head... I know I sweat all over...

Therefore, I allways keep a towel handy and just keep my head, hands etc. sort of dry between every tune... Especially towards the end of each set, when the blood is really going...

Not really a big problem!!!

Archived