NEW GUITAR NIGHT !! Went to GC and could not walk out without it !!!

Andre XXX

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by HRM

I must confess to a certain degree of jealousy towards you folks who can afford to buy a $2400 guitar on a whim!

+1 :mad: :mad: :mad:

:D Enjoy the new guitar man. PRS's are awesome players - they just feel so good in my hands and against my hip. Love the wide-fat neck.

Originally posted by mcinku

All I can say is

:love:
B E A U T I F U L

and it better be at that price.

:D

It's like an LP with a trem!! Sweet!

Congratulations!!:thu:

$2400!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would be up all night with it too.... trying to figure out how to have sex with it!!!!!!!

Cause the sound you heard was the door slammin as my wife took off!!:D :D

• Members

Congrats. That's a SEXY lookin' guitar.

Don't let the haters get to you you. PRS makes a DAMN fine guitar, and $2400 for a guitar of that caliber isn't really unreasonable.

FWIW, I love the trem on my old '92 CE24. Still works great after all these years. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Prages

Congrats. That's a SEXY lookin' guitar.

Don't let the haters get to you you. PRS makes a DAMN fine guitar, and $2400 for a guitar of that caliber isn't really unreasonable.

FWIW, I love the trem on my old '92 CE24. Still works great after all these years.
:thu:

I agree - when you look at what custom shop gibson's or custom shop fenders cost - the price on this is cheaper :freak:

The QC on this is impeccable - I feel like I bought a perfectly voiced, balanced and set up guitar - I mean it's flawless right out of the store. The volume and tone knobs on this work better than on any other guitar i currently own ( well except maybe my Telecaster ! ). Also the coil split makes this actually very versatile.

I was looking at Les Paul's ( been wanting to get one for a while ).....but fellin love with this. To me it's like a modern les paul.

• Members

Originally posted by Frets99

It's like an LP with a trem!! Sweet!

Congratulations!!
:thu:

$2400!!!!!!
:eek:

I would be up all night with it too.... trying to figure out how to have sex with it!!!!!!!

Cause the sound you heard was the door slammin as my wife took off!!

LOL :D Well - I usually keep 3 or 4 quality guitars in my "stable " so to speak. I'm alway rotating one or two of them for fun. I buy one - throw one on ebay, buy one, throw one or two on ebay...etc.

I've done great on ebay selling stuff and get good value when i sell ( I've even made a little here and there )

So I may throw one of my other guitars on ebay and maybe a couple of older amps and an acoustic I have'nt used for years.

I'm more of a player than a collector --- But I got myself to a point in life where i could get myself some decent gear.

But i pretty much sell something every time I buy something now ( or I would be in the doghouse with my wife - believe me LOL ). It's become sort of a sickness:freak: . And this board doesn't help at all ;)

This will probably be my last major purchase for a while.....I'm realizing i could get by with this PRS and maybe one strat or tele for everything I do.

I also want to concentrate more on playing then gear over the next few years and grow musically. I notice when I have less choices about what guitar to pick up I pratice for longer periods.

• Members

Originally posted by NewYorkNewYork

I think it looks great, love the zebra pickups.

My question is, how much does it weigh? And how do you compare the ergonomics with that of a Les Paul?

Thanks - It's a very comfortable weight probaly right around 8.5 pounds. I'm comparing it to my strats that i know the exact weight of so my guess is pretty accurate. It hangs and balances very nicely around the neck. I could easily do three or four sets wearing this thing.

I find it much more comfortable to wear and hold than the les pauls i tried. It has a body contour in the back like a strat. Also the neck ( for me anyway ) is much more comfortable and easier to play. The 10" radius, comfortable string spacing and 25" scale all add up to a very comfortable and fast neck ( again- to my hands anyway ). The string spacing/nut width sometimes gets to me on gibsons ( although I love em ! ).

You know I should mention as well the wide fat neck carve on this is different than other PRS models for what it's worth. It's just a little thinner. I find it more comfortable than the other PRS wide/fat necks.

Also, the wood resonates nicely up against my body and it's loud unplugged - alway a good sign for an electric I think.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyCorgan

I've been wanting to try a SC Trem really bad. If i like the one i play it will be my last PRS for a while. I think 4 is plenty.
After i'm done with the PRS's i need an ES-335.

How hot are the stock pups?

The pickup are fairly hot but not overly so. I dont like real hot pickups and I'm loving these.

The volume and tone knob work great on this. The guitar cleans up nicely when the volume is rolled back a bit but there's not much loss in perceived volume and it does not mud up AT ALL ( weird but true ).

Archived