G&L v. Fender

sharp shredder

• Members
Originally posted by walt0915

I've played 'em both. They're both nice. No way the G&L is much better than the Fender, or vice versa. They are both nice, but different guitars. Go out and play them both, then decide which you like. No one here can tell you that.

Right - Play them both.

Wow, there's a {censored} load of bashing in this thread right out of the block. Can I play too? I'm kind of tired so maybe I can just alienate everyone here in one shot:

You're all a bunch of morons. Tributes and MIM Fenders BOTH suck!

How's that?

:)

• Members
Originally posted by dewees

Right - Play them both.

Wow, there's a {censored} load of bashing in this thread right out of the block. Can I play too? I'm kind of tired so maybe I can just alienate everyone here in one shot:

You're all a bunch of morons. Tributes and MIM Fenders BOTH suck!

How's that?

:)

OK, *NOW* I'm pissed! :D

• Members

What your guitar tech is saying is right, but what he's neglecting to mention is that there are tons of Fender Strat copies (though it's hard to classify a G&L as one since the designer of the strat designed these as well) that will also do the job just as well. The thing about strats is that they are so simple and straight forward, any moron with a screwdriver and a soldering iron can put one together. I'm sure, like all things, the differences in the MIM Fenders and the G&L Tributes all come down to preference in small areas. They are both well built guitars for their price range, and you would probably be just as happy with either one.

• Members

Originally posted by Junkhead

Any used G&L USA Legacy is a mile better than anything fender has out there hands down

Do yourself a favor and find a nice, used Legacy on Ebay. I guarantee you will never look back. Better yet, do what I did and find a nice S-500. More tonal variations.

• Members

Honestly, as long as you get a good one, it's hard to go wrong with either choice. My Strat itch has been really well scratched over the years and right now, I'm really liking the G&L ASATs with P90s... even the Tributes.

I was under the impression that the Tributes had the same pickups, pots, switches, wiring etc... as the higher end models. At least on the ASATs. It doesn't really make any sense to put the same pickups in the lower end guitar and turn around and save like $2 per pot for some junk. I've played every single Tribute ASAT in my local shop and none of them have scratchy or dead pots or switches.

I mean, come on... how can you not love a P90 Tele?

269444.jpg

Archived